Just Received a Paper Bill...

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
Dish must have hosed their database and restored a backup or something. I just got a paper bill in the mail and I have been on autopay and paperless billing for almost 2 years.

Now I must contact "customer service". uugh, good grief.

Anyone else get the paper surprise?

Dish must have hosed their database and restored a backup or something. I just got a paper bill in the mail and I have been on autopay and paperless billing for almost 2 years.

Now I must contact "customer service". uugh, good grief.

Anyone else get the paper surprise?

I did at the beginning of October. I'd been on auto for about two years, too. Customer call was quick and painless, I wanted to make sure I had my penny Cinemax, which was still offered, then. She assured me nothing had changed programming-wise and I made my payment. I had seen that my autopay date had come and gone in September w/no deduction, was hoping for a month free of TV:D.

Got my first and second bill combined(I know that's how they do it) in the mail went back online and logged in because I was supposed to have paperless billing.My preferences still say paperless billing.

Same here. That's why I think they really messed something up.

I have a feeling this has to do with Dish not being able to offer Cinemax for a penny anymore.

Just a theroy here, but I think they are taking people off auto-pay so they can remove Cinemax.

Customer then gets a paper bill in the mail and either goes ahead and pays it, or calls in again to setup autopay.

If the customer calls and complains about Cinemax then Dish adds it back on the account, if the customer does not notice its gone, then Dish doesn't have anything to worry about.

I have you all beat.

Not only did they mess up my autopay and paperless billing;

They credited my payment to someone elses account!

I looked at my bill online and it as double.

I looked at my bank statement and it was debted by Dish.

The crazy part was when I called to fix it, they said I had to pay the double bill before I could get back on autopay. Even though the amount they already had would be credited to my account "later".

Ummm....no.

I just got a phone message today from Dish saying I would be converted to paperless as part of Dishes change to all paperless and thanks for participating.

What???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts