Just received my new bill

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
All I have are 1 leased 622 receiver and 1 owned 311 receiver. I thought the bills were only supposed to go up $1, yet my bill increased $13. Is this correct? If so, I think it is finally time to call DIRECTV and see what they can offer me.

Monthly Charges (2/22 statement)
HBO & STARZ 22.00
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
$ 117.99

Monthly Charges (1/22 statement)
Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
2 Premiums With Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack, GoldHD and PlatinumHD 50.00
$ 107.99
Other Charges and Credits
Jan 14 DVR Package Credit - Adjustment -3.00
$ 104.99

First of all, you've been paying $10.00 too much with the separate platinum charge. If you had called months ago, it would have been added to HD package at no additional charge. Your 1/22 statement is very unclear, BUT, it indicates you went from 200 to 250. 2/22 statement looks correct.

First of all, you've been paying $10.00 too much with the separate platinum charge. If you had called months ago, it would have been added to HD package at no additional charge.
So I can call and get the platinum charge removed? What is the justification for that?

Your 1/22 statement is very unclear, BUT, it indicates you went from 200 to 250.
Not true. I've always had 250, but on my 1/22 statement it was bundled in as an additional premium.

Because the Platinum no longer exists and it is now part of the HD package. You can get that fixed in a chat which is the easiest way.

You should have been charged $5.98 DVR fee and $5.00 receiver fee on your 1/22 bill. And no more $3.00 off. You are not apples to apples.

Am I getting screwed? I've been with Dish for several years. I have a 622 and 612 DVRs. How does my bill look?

America Everything w/ locals - 99.99
HD and Platinum - 10.00
HDR Solo fee - 10.00
DVR fee - 6.00
Service plan - 6.00

Taxes come to 8.44 for a total of 140.43 per month

Every time I talk to them about anything I can't understand very well. If I try chat on-line things usually get screwed up one way or another and I have to work with them all over again to get it corrected. I'd rather not deal with any customer service rep if I can help it, even if I pay a few bucks more than I should. It makes no difference to me if I pay $135 or $140, if you know what I mean. In the scheme of things it is just not worth all the problems I always run into for a few dollars.

Am I getting screwed? I've been with Dish for several years. I have a 622 and 612 DVRs. How does my bill look?

America Everything w/ locals - 99.99
HD and Platinum - 10.00
HDR Solo fee - 10.00
DVR fee - 6.00
Service plan - 6.00

Taxes come to 8.44 for a total of 140.43 per month

Every time I talk to them about anything I can't understand very well. If I try chat on-line things usually get screwed up one way or another and I have to work with them all over again to get it corrected. I'd rather not deal with any customer service rep if I can help it, even if I pay a few bucks more than I should. It makes no difference to me if I pay $135 or $140, if you know what I mean. In the scheme of things it is just not worth all the problems I always run into for a few dollars.
Maybe you should read all the other post in this thread.

First of all, you've been paying $10.00 too much with the separate platinum charge. If you had called months ago, it would have been added to HD package at no additional charge. Your 1/22 statement is very unclear, BUT, it indicates you went from 200 to 250. 2/22 statement looks correct.

Te Ops bill is similar to the way mine WAS. I did get rid of the extra charge for platinum service (received three months hbo and showtime for free in the process) also the 250 is now listed as 250 instead of the convoluted way they did it before. Of course I still don't have a "clean bill" as I called to get the additioanl charge for platinum fixed just nbeofre the rate changes, maybe next month.....I think the 250 package was listed that way as those that had 200 when platinum came out were upgraded to 250 when you signed up for platinum but I don't remeber for sure as that was a while ago....

Ross

Mine went up a whopping $2.15. I think I can live with that! I'll have to look at it in detail to make sure it's "accurate" (whatever that is these days!) but that's not urgent at this point...

Because the Platinum no longer exists and it is now part of the HD package. You can get that fixed in a chat which is the easiest way.

So I should be getting those Platinum channels too as part of my GoldHD, America's Top 250 packages?

All I have are 1 leased 622 receiver and 1 owned 311 receiver. I thought the bills were only supposed to go up $1, yet my bill increased $13. Is this correct? If so, I think it is finally time to call DIRECTV and see what they can offer me.

Monthly Charges (2/22 statement)
HBO & STARZ 22.00
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
$ 117.99

Your bill should look like this

America's Top 250 62.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
HBO & Stars 22.00
$107.99

Hd Platinum does exist and is not part of the HD package. It is an additional $10.

Dish has a promotion where HD Platinum is included free with the HD add-on. Some people like me get billed "HD and Platinum" @ $10. Others are being billed $10 for HD and an additional $10 for Platinum. Hardly fair and maybe criminal!

Bottom line is if you are paying $20 for HD & Platinum, you are being ripped off by Dish! Again!

Hd Platinum does exist and is not part of the HD package. It is an additional $10.

Dish has a promotion where HD Platinum is included free with the HD add-on. Some people like me get billed "HD and Platinum" @ $10. Others are being billed $10 for HD and an additional $10 for Platinum. Hardly fair and maybe criminal!

Bottom line is if you are paying $20 for HD & Platinum, you are being ripped off by Dish! Again!

I was being billed $10 for Gold HD and Platinum, each. I simply went to my online billing site and made the change by doing the steps noted in several threads about this issue. Once I completed those steps, I am billed $10 for HD and Platinum, combined.

I was being billed $10 for Gold HD and Platinum, each. I simply went to my online billing site and made the change by doing the steps noted in several threads about this issue. Once I completed those steps, I am billed $10 for HD and Platinum, combined.
Quick question: Does doing the online change to combine Gold and Plat reset any commitment you may have?

I 'm not under any commitment and like a fool have been paying the extra $10.

That's unfair! Just because you came to this forum, you know about it. ;)

The vast majority do not know. That is just wrong for Dish to charge more simply because someone is too stupid to know. :rolleyes:

grfx_08.jpg

Should still be free. It does say new customers only but if you get on a chat you're 99% sure to get it. If not try again and you'll get it

Yes, but my recent past experience with chat, CSR, and retention, was unsuccessful. I had to do it on-line to get Platinum free. Also with the Top 250, the HD drop down would not work until I clicked the Top 200 radial button, then made the selection under HD, and then returned to Top 250 by clicking on that radial button. I'm not sure if that was a site glitch or was a work around to force the HD to provide the drop down.