Just signed up for service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seaofblue

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
Just signed up for service. I’ve had YTTV and philo for a year now and just ready to get away from streaming for a while. I am getting the Hopper 3 and two joeys, a wireless and wired. It’s a little more expensive than the two streaming services, but I’m willing to pay a little more to have all my channels in one place. I have Frontier internet, have any of you guys tried to bundle the two services?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I called Dish direct and inquired about the "special deal" and before they would quote me a price, asked for both my SSN and CC. Told them I was just trying to get a quote. They said that they would need that info to do so. (BS) The guy was very aggressive and yet was trying to be overly friendly. Finally just hung up on him. Now get the same special deal postcard about once per week. Tx

Just signed up for service. I’ve had YTTV and philo for a year now and just ready to get away from streaming for a while. I am getting the Hopper 3 and two joeys, a wireless and wired. It’s a little more expensive than the two streaming services, but I’m willing to pay a little more to have all my channels in one place. I have Frontier internet, have any of you guys tried to bundle the two services?

You are going to love it. Best technology in the business. Don't know about Frontier. I get my Internet from Comcast and it's worked fine too. You may need to upgrade your router, but it sounds like you have that covered.

I called Dish direct and inquired about the "special deal" and before they would quote me a price, asked for both my SSN and CC. Told them I was just trying to get a quote.
That does not sound like Dish. And it is easy to call a number that looks like them, but is some unscrupulous 800-dealer. Try the real number: 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or, since I use to be one, a local retailer you can trust.

Reactions: TheKrell
I called Dish direct and inquired about the "special deal" and before they would quote me a price, asked for both my SSN and CC. Told them I was just trying to get a quote. They said that they would need that info to do so. (BS) The guy was very aggressive and yet was trying to be overly friendly. Finally just hung up on him. Now get the same special deal postcard about once per week. Tx

I had no issues. The gentleman was very nice and not pushy. I had an offer I received in the mail for a gift card for a 300$ gift card. I’m also a healthcare provider so I got the Heartland promotion package and a free PPV movie a month. He also said it automatically upgraded me to a Hopper 3 so I don’t know if there would have been extra cost for that. But he had the price way before I gave a credit card number. The only thing I don’t like is they charged 25$ to my cc for activation of one wireless Joey. Is that normal?

The general consensus over the years has been to not bundle, especially with Frontier. As Frontier is currently going through Chapter 11, I suspect that is even more true now than ever. Also, if you already ordered Dish, it is probably too late to bundle.

The general consensus over the years has been to not bundle, especially with Frontier. As Frontier is currently going through Chapter 11, I suspect that is even more true now than ever. Also, if you already ordered Dish, it is probably too late to bundle.

I’ve been with frontier for years. Only broadband available where I live. Customer service with them is either extremely good or extremely terrible. I guess it’s just who you get that day lol. What is the downside of bundling? Thanks

I’ve been with frontier for years. Only broadband available where I live. Customer service with them is either extremely good or extremely terrible. I guess it’s just who you get that day lol. What is the downside of bundling? Thanks

As I understand it, any calls to support or billing for Dish have to go through Frontier support, and it is not their primary business, so they don't do a very good job. Frontier will blame Dish for any problems and presumably Dish would point the finger at Frontier. It isn't the same thing as bundling cable and internet from the same company like Comcast. Also, I don't even see Dish advertised on Frontier's website any more. All I see is FioS and Vantage TV products. It doesn't mean it isn't available, but they aren't exactly pushing it.

What is the downside of bundling? Thanks

Another downside... Sometimes, when Dish offers a promotion or incentive to its customers, the offer does not apply to customers that are on a 3rd party plan (because they are already on a bundling package that is supported and administered by the 3rd party company, not Dish).

Reactions: ncted

We are currently able to bundle with Frontier on most accounts! You don't have to start through Frontier to bundle either, you just should need your account number and possibly your billing timeframe or due date.

Bundling with Frontier gives you a $5 credit monthly. For issues with any Dish-related billing items or Dish equipment technical support, that would come to us, even if you're billed through Frontier. We're not aware of any promotions that wouldn't be available because you're bundled either, but things like payment extensions wouldn't be available since that would involve postponing a payment, and the payments would be going through Frontier.

Bundles can be lost if your Dish account is disconnected for any reason including non-pay, but you can re-bundle again through Frontier (bundling does not happen through Dish).

We are currently able to bundle with Frontier on most accounts! You don't have to start through Frontier to bundle either, you just should need your account number and possibly your billing timeframe or due date.

Bundling with Frontier gives you a $5 credit monthly. For issues with any Dish-related billing items or Dish equipment technical support, that would come to us, even if you're billed through Frontier. We're not aware of any promotions that wouldn't be available because you're bundled either, but things like payment extensions wouldn't be available since that would involve postponing a payment, and the payments would be going through Frontier.

Bundles can be lost if your Dish account is disconnected for any reason including non-pay, but you can re-bundle again through Frontier (bundling does not happen through Dish).

Thank you. I just spoke with customer service with frontier. The only thing I need yet is my order # which I can’t find or don’t have until install. I will call frontier back when I have that number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)