Just signed up for Voom

Mystikal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
Ok, I finally decided to sign up for service. The plan I selected was Voom with the HBO Plus Pak and two receivers. The total cost came to $78.80 per month. Around 20 minutes later I thought better of the second receiver (my basement rec area won't be finished for over a year and it's only me in the house) so I call back to change the plan but I'm told to call back later because the order is not yet in the system.

The only part of my order experience worth noting was the absolutely terrible phone rep I had. I would have bet money that it was his first day...in the US. Actually he spoke well enough, but he constantly slipped up, stuttered through the whole convo, was totally confused by his script which he repeated many sections of 3-4 times. My perception of the company was pretty low after the convo so I'm thankful that when I called back I spoke with a competent CSR. Anyway, install should be scheduled for the 4th of June. I'll call again later once the order is entered to verify that it wasn't totally fubar.

I just signed up as well. I was on the fence, but the addition of TNT-HD convinced me VOOM is clearly committed to HDTV. I'm tired of waiting for what HD channels DirecTV 'may' add. The VOOM CSR I spoke to was also not that good. He insisted I must install their OTA antenna on my roof, even though several VOOMers have said I can continue to use my current attic-mounted antenna. He said it was an all-digital antenna as opposed to the UHF antenna I'm using. He kept insisting that unlike DirecTV's hi-def setup, VOOM was "all digital". Whatever! At least I can rely on knowledgeable people here & at avs. Excited about my 6/12 install.

Brajesh,

Don't worry about the CSR said. Installers are instructed to use an existing antenna, if the customer requests it.

I spoke and hung up on about 6 people before I got a normal " David "

Rather than the " Leroy,Shanana,Latisha,Mondel, and so on " someone who spoke PROPER english!

As I expected, the order was messed up. Address all wrong and scheduling is probably still screwed. Let's hope that I don't get screwed here.

BTW, FastFed, you can keep the derogatory racial/cultural statements to yourself. Your implications of people named "Shanana" and "Latisha" is a disgusting example of intolerance. NOTHING like my statements.

I don't care if the rep is named Ray, Jay, May, Boy named Sue. Dude- if ones name is how you judge the world, you must be very lonely.

Anyway- welcome to Voom! Gotta love those Lakers dishing it out in HD.

Go Lakers!

Seawaves said:
I don't care if the rep is named Ray, Jay, May, Boy named Sue. Dude- if ones name is how you judge the world, you must be very lonely.

Anyway- welcome to Voom! Gotta love those Lakers dishing it out in HD.

Go Lakers!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yea Babyyyyyyyyy!!!

Lakers in 5

The Lakers looked good last night, but probably the main reason I got Voom is to watch the Pistons run thru the Finals. I'm guess we'll see the Lakers there. ;)

Mystikal said:
The Lakers looked good last night, but probably the main reason I got Voom is to watch the Pistons run thru the Finals. I'm guess we'll see the Lakers there. ;)
Uh. other way around me thinks!!!

eschu97611 said:
1989?????-different players, different generation-c'mon, let's stay current now o.k.

How many of the same starters are on either team from year 2000? Besides, do you think that I seriously believe that the Pistons will beat LA in 4? Come one, I'm obviously just talkin' smack. Don't take this mess too seriously.

Mystikal said:
How many of the same starters are on either team from year 2000? Besides, do you think that I seriously believe that the Pistons will beat LA in 4? Come one, I'm obviously just talkin' smack. Don't take this mess too seriously.
How could I, you said you thought the Pistons would win the title???LMAO

eschu97611 said:
How could I, you said you thought the Pistons would win the title???LMAO

Uhh...right. Obviously no minimum age requirement for this forum. I'm gonna take the high road on this one.

I guess I'll just let it play out and see what happens. I wish the Lakers luck as well as the T-Wolves and Pacers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)