just signed up, question

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
ok, so I just signed up for DishHD Gold w/locals and I was wondering if anyone has installed their own OTA?

The guy told me they don't do OTA installs in my area.

The locals dish provides are not digital and don't even come with ABC. I was wanting to install my own antenna so hopefully I can use the 622 to record from it.

I have a two fold problem. ABC does not broadcast digital yet so I assume I won't be able to record that digital anyway...hopefully I can get it somehow.

The other issue is me having to install my own OTA antenna to get the digital channels.

My digital channels are as follows (ABC is TBD):

antenna type, network, compass orientation, miles from, frequency

yellow-vhf, abc, 275, 22.7, 8
green-uhf, cbs, 292, 27.3, 18
red-vhf, nbc, 289, 24.5, 13
blue-uhf, pbs, 276, 20.4, 23 (don't care about this channel really)

analogs are same compass orientation and distance just diff antenna types

Any recommendations on an antenna that will pick these up and how to hook it up to the 622?

I installed my OTA antenna myself. I put the antenna in the attic and ran the line to the back of the receiver. Nice and simple. By having it in the attic, it gives me the ability to move the antenna easily if I ever have to. :)

iml said:
ok, so I just signed up for DishHD Gold w/locals and I was wondering if anyone has installed their own OTA?

The guy told me they don't do OTA installs in my area.

The locals dish provides are not digital and don't even come with ABC. I was wanting to install my own antenna so hopefully I can use the 622 to record from it.

I have a two fold problem. ABC does not broadcast digital yet so I assume I won't be able to record that digital anyway...hopefully I can get it somehow.

The other issue is me having to install my own OTA antenna to get the digital channels.

My digital channels are as follows (ABC is TBD):

antenna type, network, compass orientation, miles from, frequency

yellow-vhf, abc, 275, 22.7, 8
green-uhf, cbs, 292, 27.3, 18
red-vhf, nbc, 289, 24.5, 13
blue-uhf, pbs, 276, 20.4, 23 (don't care about this channel really)

analogs are same compass orientation and distance just diff antenna types

Any recommendations on an antenna that will pick these up and how to hook it up to the 622?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)