Just switched to Fios

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Got tired of Comcast saying they never rcvd my 24 month agreement, so I called them on it and told them I was cancelling if they don't have it. They 'said' they never got it because they would then have to send me a $100 rebate check, which also has turned into a $100 gift card, not what was agreed. And because they didn't get it I was no longer eligible for it.

I asked Comcast about number of HD Channels, which is right now, 33 on my Comcast and their answer was that they have 450 HD on demand programs available anytime I want, which is really stretching it in my book.

So FIOS now has 535 channels in my area, 102 hd or so.

My BUNDLE with Comcast was $169.99, internet at 6meg/768up, all reg channels and movie channels, 2 multicard cable cards, and full phone service on one line for 24 months.

My Fios, all channels (extreme + hbo/max/movies bundle), unlimited phone, free dvr, 4 cable cards for my 2 TivoHD units and internet at 20meg/5meg is $134.96 a month for 12 months. Fios has 102 hd channels including east and west feeds of all movie channels!

Anyway, install is 11/3 afternoon.

I'll report back after.

Last edited:
The price after 12 months is $12 more for internet, $15 for the DVR. I might remove the DVR though, since I have 2 Tivos.

The movie bundle I included in the price is the standard price, even though I get it free for 90 days.

This is still way cheaper since I forgot, this includes my phone, which I was paying Verizon $50/month for the one copper line, and that now gets bundled in!

I switched On Labor day!

Except for a couple quirks, I love the service. I too got tire of Comcast saying more HD is coming. Don't know when or how, but it's coming! Comcast Seattle area only has 34 HD channels, but with Fios we have 100. The last time we got any new channels was back in May, with no prospects of anything new until sometime next year. I've been told could be sooner ( with Fios here now) but more than likely next year. I would consider going back once they got more HD with no compression on their part. To me that's a MAJOR bonus, there's no compression done by Verizon. Only compression there may be is from the sorce, which makes for a GREAT picture. Anyway, if the service over there is anything like over here, you shouldn't have any complaints.

I don't!:):up

Eric

Think you are all that, don't you? Well, After a week with Fios on screen guide messing up, you will kick yourself!

Well, it won't mess up on my Tivos :)

Their DVR is just a backup.

Actually...update...They lost my order, so no install today.

When I called, they seemed actually embarrassed that the order was completely gone, no record, even though I had a confirmation email.

I screamed, they caved to this:
5 month credit ($600)
20/5 internet for 10/2 prices FOREVER ($10 savings)
Free DVR Forever
Movies package for $20/mo off FOREVER ($30-$20=$10 for all movie channels)
Expedited install, Friday this week, instead of today.

I was so excited, I had them send confirmation of the new order and prices. It is all there in black and white!

Well worth it with the savings!!!!

That's what I call a real deal. No the one you have it before because it's almost the same of the other providers. Bundle not always is cheaper!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)