Just Took The Plunge and Signed Up!

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Well, I just ordered Dish Network through dishstore.net and they were very nice and very knowledgable. Amazingly they will be out here on Friday to do the installation! They said for my area, Columbus Ohio, I'd probably be given a 1000.2 Dish. Not exactly sure what that means though. Well, having been with Time Warner so long I'm excited to finally get more HD, but I'm still antsy about going to a new service. Btw, how long should I wait before doing a service address change? I was born and raised in Philadelphia for 27 of my 31 years before moving here for a job and now my wife and the job, and I'm looking forward to getting my old locals back.

Phily locals are spotbeamed and may not reach Ohio. The HD locals are not spotbeamed but are on 61.5 which is not received by the 1000.2 dish. Not sure what you ordered.

I have a an old dish that is still on the roof from when I tried out their service 1 1/2 ago (pre-HD for me), do you think I could ask them to use that dish and as a separate one to point at 61.5?

I have a an old dish that is still on the roof from when I tried out their service 1 1/2 ago (pre-HD for me), do you think I could ask them to use that dish and as a separate one to point at 61.5?

The 1000.2 has an "LNB IN" port just for that reason.

Installer Refused to Install

VIP 211 OTA Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)