Just Upgraded: Remote Questions

balink

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I had the Dish Tech out yesterday to swap out my old VIP 211 and DVR 625 receivers with shiny new VIP 612 and VIP 722k receivers respectively and I have a few questions about the remotes.

The 722 came with a 20.0 IR remote and 21.0 UHF remote. TV1 uses the 20.0 and TV2 the 21.0. Meanwhile the 612 came with a 6.3 UHF Pro remote.

Since the 722's TV2 is in the guest bedroom and is the least used TV in the house and the 612 is in the den controlling the home theatre, I would like to swap these remotes. Will the 6.3 remote work with the 722k and will the 21.0 work with the 612?

Assuming they would, how would i accomplish this?

Also, what should I do with the new purple smartcards that arrived today for the old receivers? :rolleyes:

Chances are the remote address was set for the specific tuner, you should be able to change them to work with the receiver/tuner you want. You could either insert them into the appropriate receiver (if you still have them) return the smart cards to Dish or destroy them, it shouldn't matter, but you can check with Dish if you want.

Thanks Garys.

I spent all of last evening working on this remote swap and it is finally all straightened out. Oddly, the 21.0 remote worked perfectly to control the 612 until I made it manually learn the commands for my Sony AVR. After I finished that process it wouldn't communicate with the 612 at all! After fiddling with it for an hour I finally switched it over to IR mode and then it worked perfectly again...

Anybody else have this problem or know what went wrong? For now it is perfectly controlling everything in my HT setup.

Dish said to shred the purple cards by the way, since the tech took the old receivers.

All UHF remote ranges the same?

722k Programming Guide for Over-The-Air

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)