Just upgraded to HD. Few questions

Aerc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
PA
Alright so I called and upgraded and they said I qualified for a free upgrade. I went with that and I told them I'd like to have a DVR as well. They never told me what receiver I would be getting. Will they just give me the option to pick when they get here.

Since I had the 250 package before and now that I'm upgrading will I have the HD 250 package. Or are they 2 different packages that I'd have to upgrade. I'd check but I haven't been able to check the programming page on the website for like 2 days now.

Thanks in advance.

not sure about upgrade situations such as yours, but I am a new dish sub(about a month), and I told them when I signed up that I wanted two 722k DVR's, no exceptions.

that's what I got and the cost for the extra DVR was the same, regardless of which DVR I chose.

You should call and request a 722K (the latest). Optional OTA module is $30.00 and allows recording of two OTAs at once. 250 is 250 with available channels in HD.

I was reading this forum and some guy got the 722 for free because service people no longer carry the other ones. Since I am getting a free upgrade am I able to request what I want?

So I just called. The lady told me I wouldn't be able to request a receiver. It all depends on what the person has on them at the time.

So I just called. The lady told me I wouldn't be able to request a receiver. It all depends on what the person has on them at the time.
Tell them you want an HD DVR that will connect to two TVs. This will eliminate the possibility of you getting a 612. Odds are you'll get the 722k......i've heard on this website that 622s and 722s are in short supply.

You are the customer. Get it straight what you will take and what you will not accept prior to them arriving at you door. Do not let some CSR dictate to you what you might get. Once they arrive it is to late. They will give you what you want and the worst they can do is reschedule your appointment. Do NOT accept the crap the CSR gave you over the phone. Stand up like a man, unless you are a woman. Then stand up for your rights.

Request Installer to call first

Alright so I called and upgraded and they said I qualified for a free upgrade. I went with that and I told them I'd like to have a DVR as well. They never told me what receiver I would be getting. Will they just give me the option to pick when they get here.

Since I had the 250 package before and now that I'm upgrading will I have the HD 250 package. Or are they 2 different packages that I'd have to upgrade. I'd check but I haven't been able to check the programming page on the website for like 2 days now.

Thanks in advance.
Contact dishnetwork and tell them that you need the Installer to contact you by phone before coming out to install(tell them you need to be there or no one can have access to your house,or make up some reason if CSR says they cant do that)when installer calls ask them what receiver you are getting and if its not the one you want refuse install.your the Customer and should get what you want ,no exceptions.
This is what I requested and I got the 722 DVR I wanted.
Good Luck..

I called them back and got this really nice guy who was very helpful. I told him that It was very important that I get a 722k and he changed the order to a 722k. My service call was was moved to a little later in the day but eh no big deal.

The first time some lady hung up on me.

OTA?

I called them back and got this really nice guy who was very helpful. I told him that It was very important that I get a 722k and he changed the order to a 722k. My service call was was moved to a little later in the day but eh no big deal.

The first time some lady hung up on me.

Did you order the OTA module? It is $30 but if you use OTA it will allow you to record 4 things at once. Also when the system is installed it is best to install the DVR for sat then turn it off unplug and put the module in and then run set up on it.

Did you order the OTA module? It is $30 but if you use OTA it will allow you to record 4 things at once. Also when the system is installed it is best to install the DVR for sat then turn it off unplug and put the module in and then run set up on it.

I didn't but I'll probably order it in like a month or so once all my programs start back up.

I can only record 2 things at once with just the standard receiver right? I take while its recording 2 things I'll only be able to watch whatever I have recorded right?

I, too, am in the same situation as the OP. I have been with Dish since the model 2000 days when they were throwing the dishes and self install kits out the door. I eventually bought a 501 when it was the NEW THING at the time. Been with 501 since then (9 years?)

Anyways..I too am physically moving and asked for the dishmover package. They said since Im a star subscriber (whatever) I will get that for free too.
I then asked about upgrading to a 722k. They, again, said I will get that for free upgrading because of...whatever.

Anyways....I ordered my hd upgrade..and then we were done. Then I called back the next day to confirm everything (horror stories I've read here and there) and discovered they moved me down to 622 per their choice. I was enraged...they escalated me to loyalty dept and they said they were in short supply of 722s. I told them that was a croc of s*it because a friend just upgraded the other day with a 722k. They couldnt promise me anything but would write up the work order for a 622 with a note saying "STRONG EMPHASIS ON 722K". I told them if the installer brings a 622..I will send him on his way. So thats what I will do.

Now if the installer brings a 722k, will the receiver most likely have the OTA module on it/him? If not, how relatively easy is it for him to get it for me?

TIA!!

yes

I didn't but I'll probably order it in like a month or so once all my programs start back up.

I can only record 2 things at once with just the standard receiver right? I take while its recording 2 things I'll only be able to watch whatever I have recorded right?

yes.

I, too, am in the same situation as the OP. I have been with Dish since the model 2000 days when they were throwing the dishes and self install kits out the door. I eventually bought a 501 when it was the NEW THING at the time. Been with 501 since then (9 years?)

Anyways..I too am physically moving and asked for the dishmover package. They said since Im a star subscriber (whatever) I will get that for free too.
I then asked about upgrading to a 722k. They, again, said I will get that for free upgrading because of...whatever.

Anyways....I ordered my hd upgrade..and then we were done. Then I called back the next day to confirm everything (horror stories I've read here and there) and discovered they moved me down to 622 per their choice. I was enraged...they escalated me to loyalty dept and they said they were in short supply of 722s. I told them that was a croc of s*it because a friend just upgraded the other day with a 722k. They couldnt promise me anything but would write up the work order for a 622 with a note saying "STRONG EMPHASIS ON 722K". I told them if the installer brings a 622..I will send him on his way. So thats what I will do.

Now if the installer brings a 722k, will the receiver most likely have the OTA module on it/him? If not, how relatively easy is it for him to get it for me?

TIA!!

I told the person on the phone that I'd be installing a TV tuner into my computer and would like a 722k and he was like alright.

I just upgraded a 301 and 501. The installer was great, upgraded the dish from my 2-500's to a 1K.2 When he was bringing the receiver in I asked him what it was and he said 722, he said it didn't matter to him as he doesn't pay for them. The work order was for a 622.

That's awesome. I'm sure you were pretty happy about that. I'm upgrading my 301 and I am really excited.

Also I did the 3 months of HBO and Showtime and it has been like 6 hours and they still aren't showing up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)