Just upgraded to the 622 (? about locals)...

willx45x

Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
I'm loving the HD pq on my Sony LCD-RP set. Extremely impressive on most channels. Unfortunately, in my location (Jacksonville/Brunswick), I cannot receive locals in HD. I'm too far away (70 miles) from Jacksonville to use an OTA antenna (at least I think I am). Can I pay extra for the "super" locals in HD? Can I get, say, HD locals out of LA or NY?

Thanks in advance!

w

willx45x said:
I'm loving the HD pq on my Sony LCD-RP set. Extremely impressive on most channels. Unfortunately, in my location (Jacksonville/Brunswick), I cannot receive locals in HD. I'm too far away (70 miles) from Jacksonville to use an OTA antenna (at least I think I am). Can I pay extra for the "super" locals in HD? Can I get, say, HD locals out of LA or NY?

Thanks in advance!

w

Welcome to SatGuys.

The short answer is no at this time. You can go to antennaweb.org and puch in your zip. It will give you a pretty good idea of what you can receive and which antenna you need.

Scott

Do you get standard def locals from Dish ?? Being 70 miles away, you might not be in the Jacksonville DMA. If you're not, I thought that qualified people for the distant locals, including the HD feeds.

Edit: Looks like Brunswick GA does fall into Jacksonville FL's market ... therefore, automatically disqualified for the distant networks.

Last edited:
hall said:
Being 70 miles away, you might not be in the Jacksonville DMA. If you're not, I thought that qualified people for the distant locals, including the HD feeds.

Dish has treated HD feeds differently than the distant networks. HD locals are only given to those within the dma and not with distant networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts