Just went dark

dr_lha

Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Well here in the LA area, things have gone dark.

We no longer have KCBS (I'm too far away from LA to get a decent OTA signal) and the expected cable stations are dark. TV Land is still up as is KCOP, the LA UPN affliate which presumably isn't owned by Viacom then(?).

Not too bothered right now as TV is currently rerun central and it gives me a chance to catch up on my Netflix, but if this doesn't get resolved soon I might start getting annoyed and looking into alternatives.

KCBS and WCBS have slates but I am a distant network subscriber. I should not have the slates.

I am in the Seattle area, so no blackout for me.

Viacom and EchoStar need to get this resolved ASAP.

Kaos said:
KCBS and WCBS have slates but I am a distant network subscriber. I should not have the slates.

Look elsewhere in the program guide.

My distant nets moved to new channel names/numbers. The old channel numbers have the slates.

Look for LACBS / NYCBS or the like.

/Benjamin

You know what i find humourus, watching MTV here on local cable tv, MTV just ran an ad for "shows" this coming week (like real world etc) and at the end it says "MTV this week, now only on Cable and DirecTV)"

Turned to WCCO this morning and saw Charlie and his speech. He says to call the VP of this CBS (which shows the name of the VP of WCCO) and to call the advertisers, and a screen comes up with Cub & Rainbow (the big grocery chains), Target, Best Buy (which is HQ is Mpls) and HOM furniture.

There will be a special chat at 7 Eastern to discuss this "on this channel"..so its not going to be on 101..It will be on the CBS channel that is missing.

The only Viacom channel I have is CBS...What are they showing on the other Viacoms (MTV, Nick, etc?)

Is the special chat only for people whose CBS got taken down, or is it for everyone??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts