The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Wildcats stun No. 1 Oklahoma; LSU wins SEC by trouncing Georgia

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Oh no, Oklahoma!

The top-ranked Sooners got a taste of what it's like to get steamrolled when they were shocked 35-7 by No. 13 Kansas State on Saturday night, throwing the whole national championship picture into chaos.

The loss in the Big 12 title game is certain to drop the Sooners in the polls. However, the big question is can they still hang on to finish in the top two of the BCS rankings to make the Sugar Bowl -- or whether they even deserve to go.

Ell Roberson threw four touchdown passes, Darren Sproles ran for 235 yards and the Wildcats shredded Oklahoma's vaunted defense that gave them their first conference title in 69 years.

http://www.timesstar.com/Stories/0,1413,125~11080~1815519,00.html

Ah the Pac-10 ends up with the #1 team in the country and there is nothing that a computer back east that can change that.

I'd rather see USC vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl than a crappy Sugar matchup.

James said:
Ah the Pac-10 ends up with the #1 team in the country and there is nothing that a computer back east that can change that.

I'd rather see USC vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl than a crappy Sugar matchup.

Oh, I see some warranted left-coast traditionalism in this post. The same opinion is held by the Rose Bowl. They’ll take the Pac-10 vs. Big Ten champ over any BS game period!

Roger, I missed where Pitt was in the BCS... I'm looking really hard, but they don't seem to be in a new years bowl. :D

No defense in pittsburgh this year, or an offensive line for that matter. Not much you can do when that happens.

Pittsburgh might get a heisman winner though, it is close race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)