KAJF and KCMN

Two low-powered stations in the Kansas City and Topeka area are off the air. The HVAC system failed at the transmitter site used by KAJF-LD and KCMN-LD. Both stations filed for special temporary authority to go dark. They have six months to complete repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The both have 7 channels so that's not something you can readily farm out to another station. Looking at the FCC application history, both went dark just over three years ago.

A failed "HVAC system" shouldn't take very long to fix. The question is whether the high heat took out some or all of the transmitter equipment.

both went dark just over three years ago.

No, they went dark just before midnight on May 16th.

7DEE8FBD-56AB-482E-9BF3-B0E709B9793D.jpeg

Have not been able to pick up a strong enough signal from KAJF 21 for several months! Fortunately KCMN 42 (which has Decades 42.1, H&I 42.2 and Movies! 42.3) has been on the air. The signal of KCMN 42 is weak and pixilates for days / weeks but at least able to watch for the most part!!!

we lost KCMN_Ld within the last couple of days.. Re-scanned on one tv and they are totally gone.. Live in So OP, KS rarely had any issues getting on most TV's.. Any word on what happened?

we lost KCMN_Ld within the last couple of days.. Re-scanned on one tv and they are totally gone.. Live in So OP, KS rarely had any issues getting on most TV's.. Any word on what happened?
KCMN 42 went off the air yesterday and is still off. I sent HC2 Broadcasting a message but doubt they will reply!!

Hi y'all,

Is KCMN still off the air.
It was my very favorite channel. I liked all the old TV shows like Dick Cavitt (sp?), Decades, Ed Sullivan, Laugh-In.
But especially like the Movies! channel (42-3).

Any updates at all would be appreciated.

I've filled out the "report an outage" web form, and also emailed them @
HELP@hc2broadcasting.com
No reply from them whatsoever.

Thanks for any replies...

Rick