KATZ vs Weigel: By the Numbers

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
I thought I'd do some configuration on the two of the biggest ota network distributors, KATZ and Weigel and make a lil comparision. With the expansion of the newly Nexstar/Media General union, looks like Katz has it hands down. Here's hoping Weigel (maybe along with Sinclair, NBC Universal) will wake up and start making multi-market deals with the mid-majors......

KATZ has Bounce (124 markets, 72 percent market coverage, 226 million pop. covered)
Laff (134 Markets, 72 percent market coverage, 222 million population coverage)
Grit (164 Markets, 83 percent Market Coverage, 259 million plus pop. coverage) #2 Ranked Subnetwork on OTA (MeTV #1)
Escape (149 markets, 73 percent market coverage, 226 million plus pop. coverage) #3 Ranked

Weigel's team consist of #1 MeTV at (199 Markets, 83 percent coverage, 261 plus million population)
Heroes & Icons 73 (Markets, 51 percent coverage, 159 million pop coverage)
Decades (which block schedules mostly consist of Me and soon to be H&I) rolls in at 55 markets (one of the lowest around) with 57 percent markets covered (mostly in the huge metro areas), totaling 175 plus of the population.
Movies! with its famous Icon-A-Thon run has a quiet 69 markets covering 180 million people at 58 percent of the total markets in the U.S.

Weigel seems to be directed mostly at the major cities and the O&O markets which is all good.
KATZ seemed to be a lot more directed to every market it can, giving some of the markets that basically had little to nothing, something to watch OTA. Now they seem to be moving to the satellite dish.

Hopefully we'll see the influx of Weigel stations we don't have soon.

Reactions: jamesjimcie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)