KBS included in the free PI pack?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Tick

Original poster
May 5, 2006
Hi,

I have DishFamily, NYC locals and the free Public Interest pack. I have a dish 500 for 110/119 and a 61.5 needed for some locals just a month or two ago. I get all the PI channels mention in PI list from Scott at http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59960 except KBS World channel 652.

Do I need to call Dish to activate it since I don't have any International channels? Since all my local channels are now on 110/119, I now just get a couple of PI channels from 61.5 (CAS, Pentagon, GSN, HTN, and PAEC).

I figured I would ask here before attempting to deal with a Dish CSR who probably ask what the PI pack is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure KBS is on channel 9850 for the public interest channel slot, and it's coming from the 121 degree location. You probably need a superdish to see the PI channel.

yup, I can confirm that. 9850 KBS and 775 MLODY "Melody Arabia" appeared after I connected a 121 superdish to my setup.

Interesting about that Arabic music channel. The women on there don't wear veils or burkas, they look and act every bit as slutty as their counterparts on the American video music channels. Just can't understand the words.

Network: KBS WORLD

Channel Name: KBSWD

Category: INTERNATIONAL

Description: KBS World, a Korean-language ... sitcoms, dramas, documentaries and current affair programs.

Available at no additional cost to DISH Network customers with subscription to qualifying programming. Requires SuperDISH antenna pointed at 121 orbital location. Additional fees may apply for new and existing DISH Network customers to upgrade their dish antenna.

Satellite: 121

Channel: 9850

Transponder: 15

Available in:

KOREAN VARIETY PACK

and at work i could swear that the kbs world was included in the at60, i am pretty sure it isn't in dishfamily, also you will have to buy your own superdish unless you subscribe to a programming package that requires and sd and then you will have to sign agreement for 12 months and you will still have to pay at least 59.95, but after installed cancel the package, because you only have to keep basic american programming

Last edited:
For whatever reason, it is a Public Interest channel at 121, but you need to subscribe to a Korean package to get it from 61.5 or 129. I have a 121, and I watch it a lot, it's a great channel - Screening Humanity for example is fantastic. The Drama series are shown shortly after or even at the same time as they are in Korea. It is amazing to watch KBS news and the massive protests going on right now in South Korea against the expansion of an American base, especially when American networks have hardly mentioned it, or the recent stand-off between South Korean and Japan, or even that the US is embroiled with China over North Korean defectors scaling the US embassy seaking political asylum.

I also get Melody and have always been surprised at the "Americanness" of the videos. I guess it is aimed at Lebanon, Kurdish areas, Palestine, parts of Pakistan, and some of the more sexually liberated areas of the Arab world.

Speaking of this all what the hell happened to the news that Dish was getting OCN, m-Net and KMtv? I want my K-Pop music video's for crying out loud! X-(

Sarang said:
Speaking of this all what the hell happened to the news that Dish was getting OCN, m-Net and KMtv? I want my K-Pop music video's for crying out loud! X-(

They're waiting for the World Cup games to be shown before turning their attention on getting new channels on-board. It's sad though because they'll only act too little too late after the World Cup games because majority of our subs are gearing to switch to DirecTV's Korean programming after the World Cup tourney.

And to the original poster, yes you need a SUPERDISH121 to view the PI version. DISH made the mistake of putting Ch. 652 on that press release and I grilled them over it. They acknowledged the mistake and made a retraction to the retailers but there wasn't a subsequent news release to the rest of the press or public hence your confusion.

To make matters worse and more confusing, there's a new dish to use 118.75 orbital slot which may be the future home of everything international short of the wings. That may be where this PI KBS World may be headed or it may not. So stay tuned for the Team Summit threads here.

Cheers,

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
They're waiting for the World Cup games to be shown before turning their attention on getting new channels on-board. It's sad though because they'll only act too little too late after the World Cup games because majority of our subs are gearing to switch to DirecTV's Korean programming after the World Cup tourney.

And to the original poster, yes you need a SUPERDISH121 to view the PI version. DISH made the mistake of putting Ch. 652 on that press release and I grilled them over it. They acknowledged the mistake and made a retraction to the retailers but there wasn't a subsequent news release to the rest of the press or public hence your confusion.

To make matters worse and more confusing, there's a new dish to use 118.75 orbital slot which may be the future home of everything international short of the wings. That may be where this PI KBS World may be headed or it may not. So stay tuned for the Team Summit threads here.

Cheers,

Well I'm picking up a Dish 500 to get 148 to pick up these channels and HBO HD and Showtime HD with the higher bitrate as well as HD PPV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts