Keep HD6000 ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I have a Dish HD 6000 receiver and hope to get a 921 soon if they ever get production up and running again. I have a 4 year old Mitsu 65905 which only has component inputs, no DVI.

Is there any reason to hold on to the HD6000??

The 921 now works as well as my 6000 did. I can at least watch all the HD channels now. I could not say that when I first got my 921. I would sell the 6000 while the $$ are good.

I already voted 921

AJF said:
I have a Dish HD 6000 receiver and hope to get a 921 soon if they ever get production up and running again. I have a 4 year old Mitsu 65905 which only has component inputs, no DVI.

Is there any reason to hold on to the HD6000??
I had only a 6000, and sold it while the price was good (as another response indicates), and in spite of issues, I think the 921 is stable, overall. I did jump, and I would still recommend jumping.

It's a tie so far; 2 say keep, 2 say sell .
I am surprised at the prices it's selling for on ebay. I would'nt use it for the other TV's in my house because I already have 3 other receivers for that.

One reason I thought to keep it is if they ever down-rez the component output on the 921. I don't think they can do so on the 6000.

Keep it for now

Although things have improved a bit, I still stand by this opinion. I needed the 6000, for example, to be able to keep watching the Superbowl during a spontaneous 921 reboot!

Thanks Peter. I've followed your thread and found it very helpful.

I guess the reason I brought this up is because I have a basement graveyard filled with electronics that I've held onto as "back-ups". But, they have sat there for so long waiting to be called to duty that they have lost all $$$ value.

I still don't have a 921 so I guess I can make this decision after I get one.

AJF -

I have a graveyard as well. I'm actively trying to hold onto less, so keeping the 6000 for now is a very concious decision on my part. Good luck no matter what you decide, and enjoy the 921 when you do get one (I know you will)!

I'd say sell the 6000. I actually have not sold my 6000 yet, but its laziness on my part. I deactivated it about a week after I got my 921.

I'll probably sell it after using the 921 for a little while, if I ever get one. Shipments still seem to be on hold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)