Keep losing communication between the remote and receiver vip722

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
My remote keeps losing communication with the receiver 722. I have to continue to do a hard reset on the receiver before it'll work again. I changed the batteries etc. on the remote. This is for the #1 remote which is 10 ft from the receiver. As i'm typing this I've never thought of going to #2 and see if it works or not, but I will try it next time it happens. Any suggestions what might be going on here?

Thanks.

I have had the same problem with my 722k receiver for the last two days. Actually I have two 722k's. The one that has this problem has the newest software version. Anyone else with the same problem?

The original post referred to a vip722. Of course the vip722 and the 722k aren't using the exact same software. So is this a known problem on the vip as well?

Our vip722 has been acting weird for the last two days also. I've had to reset it at least 3 times because it wouldn't respond to button presses from the remote. This has always been after coming out of standby. Twice, the screen just went black indefinitely. The other time the channel came up but pressing Guide or Cancel didn't do anything.

My 411 also began doing a "delay". This began late last week. When changing channels, the screen goes black for 5-10 seconds before programming begins. There is also a delay when bringing up the program guide.

I have a Vip722 that is doing the same thing on TV1 and TV2. It has been happening for the last 2 days. I did the reboot and it fixes the problem temporarily but when you turn the box off and come back later the problem reappears.

Was there a software update recently?

This is really annoying!

ouch1234 said:
My remote keeps losing communication with the receiver 722. I have to continue to do a hard reset on the receiver before it'll work again. I changed the batteries etc. on the remote. This is for the #1 remote which is 10 ft from the receiver. As i'm typing this I've never thought of going to #2 and see if it works or not, but I will try it next time it happens. Any suggestions what might be going on here?

Thanks.

My 722 had been doing the same thing for the last few days. I called Dish, and the lady had me go through the usual steps listed on her computer screen. She said she would send me a new remote. I told her the problem was not with the remote since it would still work my other devices. Also, a reset would solve the problem for a day. After arguing for a while, she elevated me to higher tech support. The person there knew immediately what the problem was. She stated a recent update had caused the problem with the 722's. She said a fix would be issued within 48 hours. I would suggest you call Dish and report the problem so as to be on the list of receivers to get the fix.

Hate to say this but.....I have been having this problem with my 722K since december...dish says the update will stop it, but the new update last week didnt. It is getting worse.. I feel sorry for you guys getting the problem now! dish has NO idea what is happening and they just keep giving updates that turn out bad. good luck!

Same problem here for the last few days with my 722 (NON-K). Very ANNOYING!!! We also have a 722K and although we've had it happen in the past it hasn't done it lately. Hope they get this fixed........SOON.

Ed

I'll throw my name and my Dad's name in the hat. We both have 722s and have had to hard reset each of the past few days to get the remote to work.

I have had the same problem with my 722k receiver for the last two days. Actually I have two 722k's. The one that has this problem has the newest software version. Anyone else with the same problem?

It seems like the hard reboot fixed the lockup problem with the 722k with the new software. The other 722K with the old software wasn't had any problems. May the Dish Tech's can figure out the problem. My best guess it's in the new software as it was working fine until the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)