Keep receivers on 24/7 for commercial acct

cypherstream

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
PA
We have 3 dish receivers on a commercial account. One is for building music, one is for news and one is for kids programming. Every morning the building manager who opens for the day has to go back to our IT room and use each labeled remote to power one each receiver. I thought I fixed this for them by going into the menu in the updates selection (weird place for it) and choose "disable" for power down timer.

Well I guess that didn't fix it because they are still reporting the issue. So now tell me if this will help... I set an auto tune timer for 8:30 AM for the channel that each receiver is supposed to play (CNN, Nick JR and Shine). Think that will work?

Just trying to make things easier for them so when they open up the building in the morning its one less thing to do.

The music is coming off a 211k and the news and kids programming are each coming off a 211z. One into a digital signage box that wraps marketing messages around the news then shoots the video over cat5 and another to an RF modulator out coax to a tv by a kids play area.

Also any reason why the channels are oddly numbered in the 4000's range? I mean we get our standard 2,3,6,10,etc... but in the 100's - 200's where you should find programming, those numbers just dont exist at all in the guide, even when set to all channels. I think its just confusing.

We have another site with cable and a PACE RNG110 sends the news out and music out while a DTA50 is used for kids programming. The cable provider does not have any of this complexity or issues... it just works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)