Keep recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

am7crew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys I have a hopper and the HDMI plug on the back went out, its not a problem because I can use comp net cables but I'm curious if I get a replacement, using a external drive can i moved by recordings from the old one to the new or no?

Technically you can copy recordings from the old hopper then copy onto the new hopper, but not sure if the current copying to EHD problems will affect that.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes. Some have problems, but at worst you would have to watch for the EHD.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

ok cool thanks for the replies guys. What are some of the problems some are experiencing? Is it the processing of copying shows to their EHD or moving them from EHD to internet HDD, or both?

Yes there are problems at the 1 in 30 to 50 level. I'm left right now with 135 shows on the INTERNAL disk that fail to finish their transfers in the last 0 to 6 seconds. This is from transferring 3000 to 5000 shows from EHD to IHD to EHD--called reorganization. Changing from drives with the same rating to alphabetical, which makes it easier to find the right disk--until you fill them.

Transfers should be done with the receiver newly rebooted and with minimal recordings and current viewing, just suggestions.
If a show fails earlier than 6 second left, then retry or reboot and retry. Or re-record and try.
-Ken

Transferring one by one may help. And check that the recording to be transferred isn't corrupted. When I found and erased a couple of corrupted recordings all my EHD transfer problems went away.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)