Keeping My HR10-250 with a LNB5???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suomi8

Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted but I searched for a good hour trying to find info on this and I could not.
Anyway, I am finishing my basement and adding a couple of new HD TV's in my basement. When I called D* to see what price I could get on a couple of new HD boxes he said my best bet was to upgrade to a LNB5 dish and get the new H20 boxes since I live in Chicagoland and could receive locals in HD on the H20. I already have an antenna for my locals in HD so this is not a big deal but since I am going to need to eventually get boxes that can do MPEG-4 anyway I figure I might as well just get the LNB5 dish and the H20 boxes.
Long story short my question is this: When I asked the D* rep if the LNB5 would still work fine with my HR10-250 that is in my family room he said he thinks so but is not 100% sure. I do not want to get rid of my HR10-250 until D* has their HD DVR ready to go which who knows when that is going to happen (my wife would murder me in my sleep if she lost her HD Tivo). So does anyone know for sure if my HR10-250 will work ok if I upgrade my dish to a LNB5?? Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Last edited:
suomi8 said:
I apologize in advance if this has already been posted but I searched for a good hour trying to find info on this and I could not.
Anyway, I am finishing my basement and adding a couple of new HD TV's in my basement. When I called D* to see what price I could get on a couple of new HD boxes he said my best bet was to upgrade to a LNB5 dish and get the new H20 boxes since I live in Chicagoland and could receive locals in HD on the H20. I already have an antenna for my locals in HD so this is not a big deal but since I am going to need to eventually get boxes that can do MPEG-4 anyway I figure I might as well just get the LNB5 dish and the H20 boxes.
Long story short my question is this: When I asked the D* rep if the LNB5 would still work fine with my HR10-250 that is in my family room he said he thinks so but is not 100% sure. I do not want to get rid of my HR10-250 until D* has their HD DVR ready to go which who knows when that is going to happen (my wife would murder me in my sleep if she lost her HD Tivo). So does anyone know for sure if my HR10-250 will work ok if I upgrade my dish to a LNB5?? Thank you very much for your help in advance!

No problem -- I'm using an HR10-250 and two H10's happily with the new AT9 Ka/Ku 5-Sat Antenna.

I have a HR10-250, H20, R15 and SD-DVR40 all on an AT-9 dish, no problems.

kind of obvious but just wanted to mention it:
the Tivo will work but will not be able to display the MPEG-4 locals or any future channels added in MPEG-4

Hogarth said:
I've also heard that the frequencies used by the new dish and multiswitch will interfere with diplexed antennas.

YMMV.
This will keep me from getting the dish because it would mean no CableModem/Phone service since I have that diplexed into my office with the D* signal. That would mean no D* Signal here which would SUCK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts