keeping the 6000 over the 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

harveystern

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
dish has called me today to install the 811 , yet i stalled them withe all the bugs , i think i will rest easy and keep the 6000 . harvey

Good move in my opinion. Give Dish time to see if they can get the problems fixed since the 6K is much more stable then the 811 in it's current state.

rad,

You said it. The key word is stability. Given what I've heard about the 8vsb module in the 811, I think I would lose my local OTA's. I live approx. 60-70 miles from the local towers and couple of the stations signals can be a little on the weak side occasionallly. I don't want to have to "re-program" in the digital stations all the time. I will be keeping my 6000 at least until I'm sure the bugs are worked out of the 921, which is what I really want anyway.

Stacy

hehe, Dish 6000 reliable. Have we really come to this? The 6000 has always been notoriously buggy, but in comparision with the 811/921, its now known as "reliable". hehe

I've been wondering the same thing.

Should I replace my 6000 that works great, with the newer 811. I can do it for $149, but still haven't made the move, because of the problems folks have mentioned with their 811.

The 811 is not that bad. If you already have a 6000 take the 811 and then hold on to your 6000 if you are so worried for a while and be sure you are satisfied with the 811. They do not take away your 6000, use if for a second TV or sell it on EBAY when you are confident with the 811.

Not that bad, take a look at this thread, http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5339&highlight= and then say that the 811 isn't that bad. Did you also think the Yugo was a not that bad car???? ;)

Compared to the 811 the 6K is a BMW.

I have had pretty much zero problems with my 811, as long as I am on component, and prefer this receiver much more than the 6000 on component.

The dark svideo is inexcusable though. If there is one thing that they must fix, it is this, and if they can't, well, not sure. How do they make it through testing without noticing something like that?

marko said:
I have had pretty much zero problems with my 811, as long as I am on component, and prefer this receiver much more than the 6000 on component.

The dark svideo is inexcusable though. If there is one thing that they must fix, it is this, and if they can't, well, not sure. How do they make it through testing without noticing something like that?

I did hook my 811 up through S-Video and didn't noticed any darker picture and I have only had a FEW problems with mine.

None really that I can't live with!

The 811 is good, but that is coming from me, a New Dish customer that never had a 6000 either.

thanks guys for all your advice, im staying with the 6000 for now. I have been with dish since there start, and i guess they are still going thru growing pains, im over the switch checking and unplugging and calling tech and going tru all the hoops just to watch tv thanks harvey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts