Keywork search create DVR timer

T

tlwright21

Original poster
Oct 25, 2022
dallas
I just switched from Directv to Dish and am having problems figuring out how to create a DVR timer based upon a keyword search. In Directv you could search on any word or words and then create a timer that would automatically record any show where the key words were in the title or description. They called it Smart Search. I can't figure out how to do this in Dish. I can't imagine that Dish doesn't have this type of feature. But Im' starting to think that is the case. That would be a shame.

bookworm370

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
It's been a while since I've used it but if you do a keyword search and it's anywhere in the guides or history, there should be a 'Record When Available' option which will turn on what's called the SEEK option on Dish

Reactions: Josephinelcajon and TheKrell
T

tlwright21

Original poster
Oct 25, 2022
dallas
It's been a while since I've used it but if you do a keyword search and it's anywhere in the guides or history, there should be a 'Record When Available' option which will turn on what's called the SEEK option on Dish
ok thanks I will try it

Reactions: charlesrshell
T

tlwright21

Original poster
Oct 25, 2022
dallas
I could not locate the "record when available" feature. wonder if that doesn't exist anymore?

Reactions: Josephinelcajon