Kris Allen is the winner of IDOL

I should not have made the geographic comment; so I have deleted it. It was inappropriate.

I still believe that the three reasons I gave earlier (i.e., teenage girl teen idol vote, anti-gay, Danny Gokey vote) are valid. Its impossible to determine which is most important, so I will no longer speculate.

You're quite the politician. :D:D:D

I stand by my 3 arguments, but not the comment that I deleted. That's why I deleted it.

Don't get wrong, I like Kris Allenand wish him the best. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this year's crop of AI contestants.

I don't see much coming out. None of them seems to have the presence of Carrie Underwood or Chris Doughtry.

Time will tell, maybe Allison, but since so much of the show is driven by themed music, it is unclear to me if what she put out I would like.

I do like David Cook's album (listen to it regularly, and even thinking of a short road trip to Iowa to see him perform this summer) and I am looking forward to Daughtry's second album; that's about it for Idol performers for me.

It isn't groups like KISS. They are definitely from the past and should stay there. I never cared that he made it to number two and as we saw the majority of voters liked Chris better. Get over it, your candidate lost , move on with your life. There is always next year.
Man, you are one lousy debater.... Who implied that KISS was Top 40 ? If you don't like the bands that the show chooses, maybe it's not for you. And where did I say I liked Adam ? I didn't. In fact, earlier I stated "and for the record, I didn't have a preference one way or the other between them" and I truly don't. If I had to put money on who would win though, I would have said Kris. Can't say why .... maybe just a gut feeling.

Man, you are one lousy debater.... Who implied that KISS was Top 40 ? If you don't like the bands that the show chooses, maybe it's not for you. And where did I say I liked Adam ? I didn't. In fact, earlier I stated "and for the record, I didn't have a preference one way or the other between them" and I truly don't. If I had to put money on who would win though, I would have said Kris. Can't say why .... maybe just a gut feeling.

Well Hall to be able to debate this you would have to see further than your own nose. American Idol is about the top 40 pop/country singer. IT has never had an idol who won that is strictly HARD ROCK or HEAVY METAL. This is why KISS is not the type of music that would get Adam voted the top Idol . My reference to it ,was to show you that KISS or heavy rock music that Adam seemed to favor is not what the top 40 stations play anymore . It is a thing of the past and should stay there. THis is why I said I didn't like his singing or choice of music and evidently the rest of the country did not like him either, by a wide margin they chose Chris over Adam. But I will not waste anymore of my time trying to talk to you since I really don't care one way or another what you think . America voted and Chris won and I am happy with that. :up

I have been thinking for a while now that they should limit it to 1 vote per phone number but wouldn't it cost them too much to do that? It would also open up the phone lines a lot more to those trying to vote and it makes more sense to do this in my opinion because it will be more of a true count of how many people really wanted someone to go through vs how many times a person is willing to vote for the same person. There should not be more than one vote per person.

I have been thinking for a while now that they should limit it to 1 vote per phone number but wouldn't it cost them too much to do that? It would also open up the phone lines a lot more to those trying to vote and it makes more sense to do this in my opinion because it will be more of a true count of how many people really wanted someone to go through vs how many times a person is willing to vote for the same person. There should not be more than one vote per person.

I agree 1200%. Just don't know if it is possible. Remember, there were 100M votes for a show that probably had about 30M people watching. So, a "real" vote would be great.

I've always thought this show was rigged by the producers. Not because they want a certain person to win, but because they want to increase drama and controversey for ratings (which is fine by me).

The rigging all starts at the auditioning process. When the auditions were held here in San Diego last year, the local paper reported on a decent-looking, polished female singer (she regularly sang in jazz clubs and lounges) who didn't even get by the first line of screeners. She was basically told by a producer that Idol is only looking for freaks and geeks, overweight and trendy looking people, and skanky blonds.

She gives her account in this more recent interview:

You auditioned for "American Idol" last year by singing Charlie Chaplin's "Smile," which is not a typical "American Idol" song. "Yeah. I tried to `pop' it up a little."

How did that work out? "Well, the people judging were these 18- and 19-year-old girls. One of them was chewing gum, the other was eating a sandwich. They listened. There were five of us (auditioners) in a line and each of us went up and sang. I felt like I was in the Von Trapp family!"The judges were rude and dismissed all of us. I asked why they'd rejected me, and this girl said, in a really Valley Girl-like accent: `Because you're too good, you're too professional.' Later, one of the producers e-mailed, told me the three criterion they were looking for in people they wanted to cast and told me not to feel too bad."

What were those categories? "The first was `freaks and geeks.' Then, there was a category for really overweight, obese people and another for skanky-looking blonds and anybody who looks really trendy, cool and hip. And if any of those people happened to sing well, that was great. But that's not what they're looking for. It was more: `What will make people laugh for the first few episodes?'
"I heard some amazing singers in line, and the judges said `No' to them, too. I realized it's probably based on talent in the final rounds, but it's all about casting in the beginning and who fits the parts that will keep people watching. I realized it wasn't a singing competition.

Source: Street

It was partly for this reason, I didn't really watch it much this year until the finale, though in the past years I watched avidly and voted.

...Idol is only looking for freaks and geeks, overweight and trendy looking people, and skanky blonds.
I don't doubt the show is "influenced" for a variety of reasons, but how did Kris Allen, Danny Gokey (sp?), Allison, Anoop, Matt Giraud, Michael (the oil rig worker), and many others make it ? They don't exactly fit any of those criteria...

I don't doubt the show is "influenced" for a variety of reasons, but how did Kris Allen, Danny Gokey (sp?), Allison, Anoop, Matt Giraud, Michael (the oil rig worker), and many others make it ? They don't exactly fit any of those criteria...

They were all basically geeks who could easily be made to look cool, trendy, and hip, except for Danny, who was pretty much just a geek. I guess the producer could have also added to the category: girl/boy next door.

And that's really what America wants: the awkward underdog with a bad haircut and poor clothing choices, who can be transformed into a hip-looking pop star.

Oh, I am sure that the auditions are rigged, they have to be given how many people show up; but the AT&T sanctioned power-texting is obnoxious. I find the entire voting process really needs work. Like why they only allow AT&T customers the ability to text. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)