KU Band LNBF's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Can the same KU Band Universal LNBF used to receive DVB be also used to receive analog KU Band signals using an analog satallite receiver? For example: 12140 H, 12160 V and 12180 H on G10 as well as on other satellites.

Dave

sort of

Standard LNB's will work on both analog & Digital
Universal will work, but you have to slave it off the digital receiver due to the 22k in the LNB

This now makes me wonder if I need to select 14 + 22K and 18 + 22K within my Viacast receiver settings instead of 14 and 18 since I am using a universal LNBF?

I also discovered in another post that I should have been selecting 9750 for my LO instead of 10750 since I am using a universal LNBF.

This might by why I didn't receive any picture yesterday while trying to find G10 or any other satellite.

Dave

Usually the L.O. setting for a universal LNBF is..........

09750-10600

Sometimes its listed as Universal 1

Disclaimer ( But I don't have the same receiver as you )

I will try again this time using 14+22K and 18+22K instead of 14 and 18. I will also try both keeping the LO at 10750 and changing it to 9750 to see what results I get.

Thank you all for all your help.

Dave

Pete
There is only one setting for LO on this one and you have to put it in
so its either 10750000 or 9750000

Whoops! I put in a disclaimer............. I am really just stalking you. Every time you post I am going to post right after you........in the hope you will get fed up and I will become the MAIN man here :eek:

:p TGIF :p

PSB said:
Whoops! I put in a disclaimer............. I am really just stalking you. Every time you post I am going to post right after you........in the hope you will get fed up and I will become the MAIN man here :eek:

hee hee thats funny
you hit the nail on the head there buddy :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)