KUSA Denver HD picture issue

its4

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Boulder County Colorado
Recently I've noticed that sometimes the picture displayed on my TV for channel 6332 (local KUSA Denver HD channel) has what appears to be about 5+ rows of black lines with flashing white segments across the top of the displayed image. This phenomenon isn't constant. It's hard to tell, but it may be related to the display of scenes that weren't recorded in HD. In any case, it is rather annoying.

This happens on both my Plasma and LCD displays on two separate 622 receivers. It doesn't matter what HD resolution I set the 622 output to and the local KUSA HD feed is the only one that has this problem. Does anyone else who subscribes to the Denver HD locals see this?

Do any of you techies out there know what may be causing this? I feel that it is a problem with the signal and not the equipment - Thanks.

I don't watch a lot of TV, and the locals even less; but a couple of weeks back I did notice that only one of my Denver HD Locals had a problem with the top couple of lines. I believe it was 6332 KUSA, and it only did it when the picture was in wide screen format, and then would quit when a commercial or something else came on that was in a different format.

I have a 622, and this was on TV 1 Output. I did not check TV2 Output.

SmityWhity said:
I don't watch a lot of TV, and the locals even less; but a couple of weeks back I did notice that only one of my Denver HD Locals had a problem with the top couple of lines. I believe it was 6332 KUSA, and it only did it when the picture was in wide screen format, and then would quit when a commercial or something else came on that was in a different format.

I have a 622, and this was on TV 1 Output. I did not check TV2 Output.

This is being discussed over in the Denver OTA thread at
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=28456&page=538&pp=30

It looks like this is an issue with their broadcast signal, and they are aware of it.

I believe this is being caused by a bad encoder. A new one is being shipped and should be in Denver soon, according to the AVS forum....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)