Kusat a broker?

slccc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Lubbock, Texas
Does Kusat act as a broker and distributor of Starchoice satellite products? Do they supply a Canadian mailing address and then sell the appropriate equipment to receive programming? How do they rate compared to TVM? Who do most people in the states use and who has the best customer service? Thanks for your assistance.

I purchased my equipment from them and they DID offer to broker the service for me. This was a year ago. Perhaps they only do it on equipment they sell?

kusat is a broker i think they charge 75.00- do not know about their servcie had tvm who is very good.

I think I'm going with TVM. I just need to determine who to buy the system from. Interested in the HD 500 series receiver entire package including dish, hardware components and an installation kit.

I've bought two receivers from Kusat and use TVM as a broker. They are both quite familiar with each other and when I bought my 6100 last year, Kusat worked with TVM to get it pre-activated so all I had to do was plug it in and hook it up to the dish when it arrived.

Great service from both.

I have used KuSat for equipment several times and I use TVM now for brokerage. I just completed my first year with them. I can highly recommend them both. I previously used FreewaySupport for brokerage (there's plenty of comments on here about them) and they were greedy, slow to respond and difficult to deal with. TVM is the way to go.

Apologies if that's the case, but I got it from a web forum in the first place...

KuSat brokers BEV for me and does a great job.

I used TVM when I had ExpressVu from 2000-2004 (dropped my service after the transponder/sat "games" in fall of '04) and Kathy provided excellent service.

When I bought a Star Choice system in 2005, Kathy happened to be away for a few days when I wanted to authorize my system, so I went with Kusat as my broker. No problems at all with them, either.

So...can't go wrong with using either TVM or Kusat as a broker, in my experience.

I puchased hardware from, and use Phil @ KuSat as my broker. I have only had a couple of incidents where billing from Starchoice did not happen and I lost my programming and had to get KuSat to contact SC on my behalf to hit me.

Other than that, service has been smooth.

PS: any TVM info in my PM Inbox would be appreciated.

I received my h/w (9200 receiver + dish) from Kusat during the Xmas holidays. Good service. They also act as my broker. I self-installed the dish.

On a unrelated note, I'm not getting any even transponders on 82 bird. All cables have been checked (and swapped) and the two LNFB's have also been swapped. Same results. The 91 LNFB gets all transponders with good signal strengths. The 82 odd transponders are all being received, with signal strength anywhere from 70% to 100%. I am using a SW44 switch. Even by running the coax straight to the receiver (and bypassing the SW44), I get the exact same results, so I know it's not the switch.

Anybody have any idea? I have a local installer coming tomorrow (I'm in North Carolina) to try to troubleshoot this.

Other than that, I'm a happy camper.

I received my h/w (9200 receiver + dish) from Kusat during the Xmas holidays. Good service. They also act as my broker. I self-installed the dish.

On a unrelated note, I'm not getting any even transponders on 82 bird. All cables have been checked (and swapped) and the two LNFB's have also been swapped. Same results. The 91 LNFB gets all transponders with good signal strengths. The 82 odd transponders are all being received, with signal strength anywhere from 70% to 100%. I am using a SW44 switch. Even by running the coax straight to the receiver (and bypassing the SW44), I get the exact same results, so I know it's not the switch.

Anybody have any idea? I have a local installer coming tomorrow (I'm in North Carolina) to try to troubleshoot this.

Other than that, I'm a happy camper.

Sometimes your problem can be fixed by disconnecting the Sat. In cable from the receiver and doing a check switch with nothing attached to Sat. In at back.
Then plug Sat. In cable at the back of receiver and do another check switch.
Worth a try.

Does Kusat only sell BEV equipment or can you lease even though you are south of the border? (Assuming you have access to address north of the border).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)