KWPL-LD rf ch. 30 remapping ch. 45.1 is now on the air.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Albuquerque's newest TV station is on the air!:)

KWPL-LD, Running very low power and showing AZTEC TV Network in stretching out in 16:9, 480i video format.

No subchannels yet that might change over river of time.

So I think this new station is in testing mode for the time being. :):hungry

Reactions: Trip
I get a daily digest from the FCC on stations filings applications.

I noted that KWPL-LD has filed for cover of the construction permit.

FCC has accepted the filing for cover.

But new station KWPL-LD is not on the air and are they moving to STA mode?

Just curious how that's work. :):hatsoff

I just noted KWPL-LD is back on the air early morning testing up to 6 subchannels, right now only 4 subchannels showing all ads mixed with old western TV show and old G-rated movies.

Would not be surprised if they start to carry Aztec Clic, Aztec Camarion "SP" and hopefully they would add Chedder news, Bien sport extra Network. :)

The signal quality here in S.E. Albuquerque is pretty weak at 18 to 21% with some pictures breaking up.

Still transmitting from the Westside near I-40 and Coors road.

There might be more updates later on. :hatsoff

Reactions: Trip
KWPL-LD has no coverage in Rio Rancho. 15 kW ERP according to the FCC contour map shows coverage. I have the best UHF hi gain directional antenna with a 50 dB preamp, still no signal. I can with my mobile radio perfectly talk back to my receive location in Rio Rancho from the tower site at the 9 Mile Hill site with 5 watts 3dB gain mobile antenna. Somehow this has to be a joke station, no real coverage.

Headend engineer,

Looks like their TX is off the air, unless otherwise noted.

Last time I checked was last night to check their's signal.

Albuquerque's TV broadcast market can be crazy at times over river of time! :cool: :hatsoff

KWPL-LD has no coverage in Rio Rancho. 15 kW ERP according to the FCC contour map shows coverage. I have the best UHF hi gain directional antenna with a 50 dB preamp, still no signal. I can with my mobile radio perfectly talk back to my receive location in Rio Rancho from the tower site at the 9 Mile Hill site with 5 watts 3dB gain mobile antenna. Somehow this has to be a joke station, no real coverage.

I have a friend in Rio Rancho with a 2-bay antenna pointed at the Sandias. His tuner was receiving KWPL yesterday morning, but it's not consistent.

I have no problem with getting this station here near Eubank and Central in SE ABQ, just little weak with my indoor antenna in my Sony TV at 15 to 32 % station's transmitter on west side of Rio Grande river. :hatsoff

Reactions: comfortably_numb