L1.47 Software Download today - No User/PVR/GUI/display fixes

ErinKG

Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Software Download happening now

Is there a new version of the software scheduled to download today? My 921 is currently in the middle of a download.

Erin

ErinKG said:
Is there a new version of the software scheduled to download today? My 921 is currently in the middle of a download.

Erin

Are you checking the status from the menu or just seeing a blinking light?

L147HECD-N has arrived

My download of L147HECD-N ended at 12:02pm and took 42 minutes 46 seconds to complete. Time now to find out what the changes are.

Anyone got the download complete yet?

Everyone I have spoke to has no idea what this download is, infact one person at Echostar told me that Beta Testers have not even received any new Beta software since the last release.

The software chart at http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp does not show any updated software.

Even no mention of the new software at DBSTalk, I figured Mark would know something about this.

Even Mark don't know about it.

As I am doing some digging, it appears it could be some kind of security update. Perhaps a big ECM is coming down the line to wipe out the hackers. :D

Just as I mentioned above this new release added no features and is considered a security update.

No need to run home to find new features as there are none :D

Could be just a placebo where the software is the same and only the number version changes, then the techs sit back and see if the users report all sorts of new bugs, blaming it on the L147 release. Sneaky way to detect bogus bug reports.

If you haven't seen my post over at DBSTalk, L147 did in fact fix one thing, but it's not something that any of us would have seen. But, it was important enough to do an emergency update without going through the normal beta process.

markdl said:
If you haven't seen my post over at DBSTalk, L147 did in fact fix one thing, but it's not something that any of us would have seen. But, it was important enough to do an emergency update without going through the normal beta process.

I read your post, but after I made the sticky and the NO FIXES part of this thread and since it didn't fix anything that we common people knew was broke I didn't bother changing the title. :)

It was a regression update IMHO. My receiver is more unstable now than when I took it out of the box 2 months ago.

It has crashed twice in the last 12 hours with no user interaction for at least 20-30 min before the crash. No timers set either.

*sigh* POS

Mark_AR said:
It was a regression update IMHO. My receiver is more unstable now than when I took it out of the box 2 months ago.

It has crashed twice in the last 12 hours with no user interaction for at least 20-30 min before the crash. No timers set either.

*sigh* POS

In fact, I've had several crashes, and all of my OTA channels are either on, or off, usually off. This is a real crapper considering the CBS channels are gone from the Dish broadcast.

I am getting SO tired of having to re-add my OTA channels. I've lost track how many times I've done this. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Ken

Just sittin around tonite watching the 10PM news(7222). About 10 minutes in, it came up with the LSOD and crashed again. I hadn't messed with anything since tuning from DiscHD which I had watched all evening.

At least if the reboot screen was a little more colorful. sheesh....

Dish said this is a known problem - loss of OTA channels. Apparently, they think they have an upcoming fix in the next software update.

I'm not holding my breath. For now, reset nmv, reset factory defaults, scan analog, and then scan digital seems to be the sequence that works every time for restoring all or most of the HD channels, at the very least the major networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts