L149HECD-N has arrived

I believe that this update just contained the software fix needed to work in conjunction with the hardware upgrade to fix the blue line problem output from the VGA / RGB port.

If this software fix works with the upgraded hardware then we can look for shipping of the 921's to start again soon. :)

I do not believe there is any additional fixes or additions in this software.

Just got this from Eldon - L149 is an emergency software release that is exactly the same as L146/L147 except that it fixes the problem that caused the loss of guide data last week.

BTW, the 721 software update is also the same thing - it fixes the guide data problem as well.

There are no other software changes in L149 - everything that was broken in L146/L147 is still broken in L149.

Not so, my good man....

markdl said:
There are no other software changes in L149 - everything that was broken in L146/L147 is still broken in L149.

Please try your TV Power button. :D You'll note that it no longer powers off the 921 at the same time. It only powers off the TV - as expected!

I must say that I was hoping for a fuller release, but at least this 1 improvement is really welcome.

Also, (and I may be smokin' a pipe on this one), but I immediately started off by deleting all my local digitals and re-adding them, and it *seemed* to do a better job of determining them and mapping (like 58->16, 50->2) than it "normally" would do. Thus, I was perceiving this as perhaps a stability update for OTA (although still not as good even as the 811) + the power-button update?
-NICK

The latest download may have made the 921 more stable. I havn't noticed the blue light on after it has not been in use. I have not noticed it rebooting itself while I have been watching tv.

MAKE SURE TO REBOOT.
My remotes did not respond until reboot after download.

I wish that dowmloads would be in the middle of night & reboot afterwards automatically

I don't know what changed between last night and today. Last night, I was watching a show, and powered off the tv with the TV power button, specifically to test the segregation between the main power and tv power buttons, and the TV turned off, yet the vocals from the show continued. I have seen this before, and I knew that sometimes they continue for a few seconds after the TV has powered off, so I waited. After maybe 10 seconds, I powered the 921 off with the main power button. Nonetheless, when I tested the power button independence today, it failed every time.
So, I must admit that I was in error. Either I found a non-standard state where the buttons work as they should, or I simply did not wait long enough for the vocals to cut out (thus indicating the 921 was powered off) last night.

My apologies for the mis-information.
-NICK

Scott may not know, but I do.

We were testing L148, and had been for almost 2 weeks when an "emergency" situation forced the release of new software to fix a critical issue. As L148 was already in existance, the new version sent to the masses had to be called L149. Unfortunately, L149 was based on the L146/L147 code version, and not the L148 code version. The version that I had there for those almost 2 weeks is so much more stable than L146/L147/L149 that it's a night and day difference.

So, we now have L149.

Mark,

If the stability of Beta Code 148, which you have had for nearly two weeks, is a night and day difference over the present code what is the delay with releasing it to all users.

Because it's still in the beta process and isn't done yet. There are still a couple more things that need to be done before it'll be ready for release.

Mark,
Dish could use same name convention for 921 as for 721, ie for beta versions use letters ( like what been used [AGQT] - sorry could be wrong, don't have the URL ) and numbers for production.
It's obviuos thing, why Eldon changed it ? Perhaps UK ? Different culture ? Root beer ;) ?

Well all I have noticed so far is that no issues that I have noted have been addressed yet.

#1:Chronic daily LinuxScreenOfDeath LSOD(reboots)
#2: Blue light on after being off at night. Assuming #1 happened after I went to bed.
#3: Overscan is still way out of whack. Not sure how much is 921 and how much is TV, but it wasn't this bad on my 811. On the VOOM commercial, 1/2 of the phone # is cut off on the bottom and on the right side, the HDNET logo on the lower right of the screen, the T is cut off.
#4: In SD mode, pressing PIP twice in rapid succession results in a purple bar to the right of the PIP screen.
#5: Selecting guide with picture on HD channels results in pixel bleed down through the TV listings.
#6: Related to #5, The channel picture when viewing guide usually does not fit into the border screen box above the guide. It overshoots left and bottom making it look tacky.
#7: Intermittent picture pixellation on HD channels especially during Fireworks program the other night. Weather was not a factor. Clear sky and 109 signal strength. Happens on other channels too, but not as frequently.
#8: Hate the idea that the TV power button also toggles 921 power. Sometimes TV and 921 end up in opposite power states so hitting TV power turns TV off and 921 on or vice-versa. Then I have to press TV and main power button to get them sync'd up again.
-Edit-
#9: Still no local channel re-mapping.
#10: Music channel text could use a little help. White text on black background... YUK. At least load the code off the 522. It has a little better display properties with a colored box around song info.
-End Edit-

Smith said:
Mark,
Dish could use same name convention for 921 as for 721, ie for beta versions use letters ( like what been used [AGQT] - sorry could be wrong, don't have the URL ) and numbers for production.
It's obviuos thing, why Eldon changed it ? Perhaps UK ? Different culture ? Root beer ;) ?

Eldon hasn't changed the policy. L148 was very (read VERY) close to release, when the order came down to send the emergency fix instead. Because the fix had to be sent immediately, it was applied to the L147 code and send later that day. But, because the new code was just about there, they had already renamed it L148, so it couldn't be renamed to something else at that point. Hence, the L149 software that was released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)