L168 is here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only thing I see different is a dish network screen saver when you turn your receiver off. My tv one which is an older tv still has snow. Nothing else seems to have changed.

typerk said:
The only thing I see different is a dish network screen saver when you turn your receiver off. My tv one which is an older tv still has snow. Nothing else seems to have changed.
I was wondering about that screen saver.. I had my 522 installed on Tuesday.. The screen was blank when the DVR was off.. The next day it had a screen saver.. Now it all makes sense.. LOL

Has anyone else noticed some unusual behavior with their Favorites lists since this update? It's been at least 2 times in the past couple of days that the custom names for my favorites lists have disappeared and required reentry. Even the other default lists (that I've never altered, "List 3," "List 4") had their names just vanish.

I've also noticed a more serious bug with the Favorites that may or may not be related to this update. At TV1 I have two customized Favorites lists. One with all my "regular" channels: news, movies, shows, etc. The other with all the music channels. Yesterday I had a timer set to record a movie on one of the 300's - the movie channels. About 15 or 20 minutes before the timer was to start recording, I switched guides by pressing the guide button once, and just had music playing from one of the 6000's - the Sirius music channels. When it came time for the timer to kick in and switch channels to start recording, it switched to channel 950 (the closest channel to the 300's while I was in my music Favorites list) and proceeded to record music off of channel 950. Apparently, the dumb thing is unable to figure out that the timer is set for the other Favorites list and switch over automatically. I would have experimented to reproduce the bug but I had to leave the house so I just stopped the recording, switched Favorites lists, and manually started the recording of the movie. I plan on monkeying around with this later to try and figure if it always behaves this way, but I don't think it should ever behave this way. I mean even if it was unable to switch to the correct 300 channel, there's no reason in the world why it should start recording off of 950 (the "closest thing"). That's just crazy. Has anyone else had similar problems with the Favorites and timers? Does this mean I can never leave it on the music Favorites list when I'm going to have a movie/show timer coming up? Thanks.

Sapient said:
I have not had any problems like the ones you describe.

Well, have you ever been in a similar situation or actually tried to reproduce what I described? Because I just tried it several times with several different timers and I can confirm: If you have a timer set for a show on one Favorites list, but are actually viewing a different Favorites list, the 522 will launch the timer but record off of the closest (and WRONG!) channel. I can understand not being able to tune to the proper channel (actually, I can't...but I'm trying real hard to give these morons at Dish the benefit of the doubt) but what I cannot understand is why in the hell it would record off of a channel that it knows is NOT the channel the timer is set for. This is totally unacceptable! If I'm on my music Favorites list and then turn off the tuner/TV and leave the room, any future timers I have for shows, news, or movies will launch and record off of the closest damn music channel. Ridiculous.

I'd suggest you report this to Dish using whatever methods they have available. Your situation is rather unique and might not be something they'd considered.

I do believe I have done that, and I know I never had a problem, but it is possible that my memory fails me.

hall said:
I'd suggest you report this to Dish using whatever methods they have available. Your situation is rather unique and might not be something they'd considered.

hall,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will call Dish tomorrow and post the results back here. However, I disagree with the idea that my situation is "unique." There are so many customizable favorites lists on the 522 for a reason: people use them. Different channels on different lists. Different lists for different people in the house, etc. Seeing as how they provide 4 customizable lists per tuner on the 522 - 8 in total, this must have been (or should have been?) something that was considered by their software people.

L168 caused a new problem for me. Now when I pause a recorded show, when I resume play again, the audio is not there. Also, when I pause, the audio continues for about 2-3 seconds past when the video froze. Has anyone else noticed this as a result of the L168?

mjrusso45 said:
L168 caused a new problem for me. Now when I pause a recorded show, when I resume play again, the audio is not there. Also, when I pause, the audio continues for about 2-3 seconds past when the video froze. Has anyone else noticed this as a result of the L168?
People have been reporting that before L168.. Mine does this about 50% of the time, but I noticed it only does this when the audio stays on for a couple of seconds after the pause.. When this happens, press the "Skip Back" button. It goes back 10 seconds and the audio comes back each time.

Yeah but the wierd thing is mine never did it until right when I got L168. I understand the workaround, I'm just wondering if anyone else got this at the same time?

I to am having the problem with the receiver not recording the correct channel if it is a channel that is not on the current favorites list. It tunes to the closest channel number on the list and records that. :mad:

Joe Searfoss said:
I to am having the problem with the receiver not recording the correct channel if it is a channel that is not on the current favorites list. It tunes to the closest channel number on the list and records that. :mad:

This happened to me the other night, but I just now realized that's exactly what happened. I hav a fav's list for my daughter with just Nick, Disney, etc. I wanted it to record SNL on Saturday and instead I got PBS :(

... and it just now started with L168. No doubt about it.

Has anybody gotten any answers or workarounds for recording the closest channel if the correct channel is not on the current favorite list?

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts