L254 release for 522 & 625

I received L254 last night on my 522. I did notice one odd behavior, but I haven't tried this in a while, so it may be nothing new. I figured since the portable dish units are due out soon, they would have to turn the usb on at some point. I tried plugging in a USB flash drive and an external USB HD. The flash drive caused the 522 to reboot almost immediately, while the HD took almost a full minute before a reboot. It seems like they may have enabled the USB functionality and the 522 is looking for something very specific on my USB devices which obviously wasn't there. I'm basing the difference in reboot time on the fact that my flash drive is 128mb and the HD is 40GB.

One additional note on this that I forgot to mention above. With either USB device connected, the 522 would not boot properly. It made it as far as the satellite acquisition screen, but would either reboot or hang when it got there. Removing the usb device allowed it to boot normally.

You shoudl try plugging a usb cable from a computer running Windows XP into it. It may need a USB Host signal to work...

I've tried connecting the USB to my laptop with no success. I've also seen the same behavior on the L2.53 software release.

FWIW

9/14/2005: 1727 Software Version L2.54 for DP522
Effective Thursday, September 15th, Engineering has spooled a SECOND PHASE of software version L2.54 for the DP522 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.53 and L2.54 will be valid software versions for the DP522 .

i think it means that it's not widespread to all receivers yet. i still haven't got it.

I used to get these updates first day, but that receiver went bad. But since half the updates make things worse, I don't think it matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts