mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
From the Dish Tech Portal:

09/26/2006: 1608 Software Version L3.40 for ViP211

Effective Wednesday, September 27th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.40 for the ViP211 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.68 and L3.40 will be the valid software versions for the ViP211.

That seems like a major release ... how do we know what is added or removed with an update? Sorry ... Been with E* less than a day.

Software version L3.40 was spooled this morning at 3AM. I was up, I saw it, but don't know what difference it made. I do know that it took at least 15 minutes to complete.

Anyone have any idea what the purpose of this software upgrade was/is?

I have not checked mine yet, but last night I have noticed that OTA channels were synched with the audio, I usually have problems with the Audiosynch between OTA and SAT HD locals... Maybe this release fixed it!!!!

dimi1963 said:
I have not checked mine yet, but last night I have noticed that OTA channels were synched with the audio, I usually have problems with the Audiosynch between OTA and SAT HD locals... Maybe this release fixed it!!!!

They usually release them after midnight or early morning, so I don't think yours had it last night. Besides, it's a Partial Phase release so not all receivers will get it.

I thought I posted this here this morning. I must not have hit submit. :(

Anyways here is what this release fixes (note these are not official release notes)

I have no idea what any of it means though.

ViP211 L340 Will be released to 100K units first.

Fixes Include
Phase 5 driver fix
Unconditional Mapdown fix
Misc. Fixes

And there you go.

So I take it the HDMI issue on the 211 with no picture/audio was not fixed by this update? I have been told it is a hardware issue, yet E* say software when I called them. Box only 1 1/2 weeks old so Do I need to get a new one or wait on patch? thoughts?
Bump and when do i get the update:river

Last edited:
Well just the other day hooked up my Sony to HDMI from my 411 did not have any issues at all runs like a champ.. :)

VIP-211 downloded L.340. HDMI worked fine only the first time I connected the cable, upon turning off the VIP-211, I lost the audio. I tried unplugging the HDMI cable. I lost both video & audio.

fixed my bottom and top on baseball games and other stuff,, things that go off the screen,, now i can see what im missing like whos coming up next ect.. and tickers ect.. (cant explain it well) and the picture looks crisper on HD channels

Well they probally picked just certain numbers of receivers to send the update too. Overall I have the L.340 no issues at all with my Sony and 411.. WJMorales I guess your HDMI worked before the this last update??? What make and model of TV you have?? When you get a chance try a diffrent make of HDMI cable and also did you unplug your receiver for about 2-3 minutes. Plug it back in then try things out.. Let us know how things go.. :)

Yeah ever since I have been on Dish with my Sony I have never had any issue's.. But again there are other things that can cause problems like cables so forth. I'm sure that Dish and other's have a list of what makes of TV's seem to have more issues than other..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts