L3.57 Spotted!!!!

abricko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Greater Los Angeles area.
WOO FRICKIN' HOO!!

<!-- Thursday -->
<!--<font color="#0080FF"><b>05/17/2006: 1103</b></font> <b>Software Version L3.57 for ViP 622 DVR</b>
<p>
Effective <b><font color=red>Thursday, May 18th</font></b>, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version <b>L3.57</b> for the <b>ViP 622 DVR</b> receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at <b>ALL</b> satellite locations.
<p></p>

It's not been officially announced (it's still in commented out)...

Now lets see if they can hold to that date, or if they have to push it back!!!

Lets hope its full of bug fixes! (I'd imagine they'd jump numbers a bit more for new features like they mentioned in tech forum)

Last edited:
RandallA said:
Looks like it's been removed.:(

Nope it's still there (in comment form). They usually put up advanced releases and comment them out (I know I check multiple times a day) and when they update the page they uncomment them, push them back by changing the date or they fall off the page)

abricko said:
Nope it's still there (in comment form). They usually put up advanced releases and comment them out (I know I check multiple times a day) and when they update the page they uncomment them, push them back by changing the date or they fall off the page)

I can't find it either. All I see is P3.09 for the 5xx series.

I think since it was planned to spool Thursday, it'll show back up on Wednesday, or even late Tuesday night. I probably slipped out already by accident, and they corrected it.

folks, I can assure you it's there... dig deeper... it's on the page but commented out (if you understand HTML code you'd understand what I'm saying)... I copied and pasted what was there!

Also L294 as a partial release for the DVR625 and DVR522.

abricko said:
I'd imagine they'd jump numbers a bit more for new features like they mentioned in tech forum
Typically they only jump numbers when the next sequential number would conflict with a number previously used for something else (they try to never use the same version on more than one platform. example: L293 was released for DVR625/522, there will never be a L293 for any other receiver).

Last edited:
I had a program running that would check this page every hour and would alert me when it changed but I just stopped it.

Edit: The program was Check&Get.

Last edited:
Cynical!

Sometimes I feel for Dish, they haven't officially announced this software and we're allready expecting it to break! I hope the fact that they took a month and a half this time means this software version spent a decent enough time in beta to hopefully work out the bugs.

I agree the video stuttering is ANNOYING, and it's caused me to get intot he habit of rebooting 5 minutes before primetime TV.

Though, still I am overly happy with this unit, it's given me what others (TIVO) couldn't! Also with the promises they've made (External USB storage and Native Passthrough) to ehnahce this unit, I can wait a few extra weeks for them to iron out the annoying bugs.

MikeF said:
Now the question is "What's it going to break?". L356 gave me the SBSOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)