L3.57 Spotted!!!!

abricko said:
Sometimes I feel for Dish, they haven't officially announced this software and we're allready expecting it to break! I hope the fact that they took a month and a half this time means this software version spent a decent enough time in beta to hopefully work out the bugs.

The cynicism comes from experience. Don't feel sorry for Dish, they have brought this on themselves.

NightRyder

It's usually 2 steps forward and three steps back...... They fix the bugs we wanted squished, but then they introduce NEW ones. Rinse, repeat, get excited about the NEXT generation, so we can get rid of this generation's buggy hardware.

My experience with this......

1. Dishplayer
2. 721
3. 921
4. 622

Same playbook, different hardware....

On the plus side, the timers have gotten much better at handling supersized episodes and changing start times, they are better at recovering from crashes, and the feature sets DO keep improving (HD PIP is nice).

On the down side, my DVI port NEVER flaked out on my 921 (the 622's HDMI port isn't putting out a signal now on mine), and once you recorded a show it played back fine (the 622 has frequent audio/video frame drops). Fix these two MAJOR problems and I'll consider it a "good" receiver.

This was in the clear on that site tonight:

Effective Thursday, May 18th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.57 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.57 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Seriously?

Boy, I hope it's a good (agile) update!!!!

long_time_DNC said:
This was in the clear on that site tonight:

Effective Thursday, May 18th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.57 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.57 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)