L343 Software Update on VIP211

richiephx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This morning I noticed that the software was updated from L341 to L343 on my VIP211 receiver. I haven't figured out what problems it fixed.

well as usual, one of mine got the L343 software, the other 3 vip211's still have L341. i couldn't tell any difference. but then, i never had any hdmi problems.

Mine's not doing the channel change flicker on my Sony HD anymore. Also, is the "Partial Extended" guide option new? I just saw that under Preferences -> Guide Display. OTA EPG is there for me, and always has been, but then I do sub to Dish locals. :D

Last edited:
well as usual, one of mine got the L343 software, the other 3 vip211's still have L341. i couldn't tell any difference. but then, i never had any hdmi problems.

I never had any problems with my 411 for a year, then Poof it went. Worked in the morning and didn't work that same evening. Got my replacement 211 today.

I had 3.43 this AM on my 211 and it fixed my HDMI problem, ie no HDMI out working from the 211.

Weird but true.

I will check my OTA guide data and report back momentarily.

OTA guide data gone now with the new update:mad: You'd think given the network issues that they would not have done this - - - Oh sorry, I forgot, this is DISH:rolleyes: Maybe when they decide to "FIX" something else, we will get the guide data back - - - :dev

Just called Dish Network to have my new VIP211 sent to me. It quit working about 5 months ago (HDMI). I called them and they told me I pretty much had to wait around. I called them today and they said the software was finally updated and the HDMI should work, if not they would send a new receiver. So around 4/5 days from now, I will see what happens. I was beyond angry when it went out. It would just show one image and freeze, but still have sound. A day later, I would get nothing at all and it has been that way for about five months. It sucks that this happened, but glad I was not the only one. The fun part for the last couple of months is moving my component cables from my DVD player to the sat receiver every time I want to watch one or the other.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)