L4.05 update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Interestingly, the LNB that was reporting drift on 404 is now checking out ok. It might be temp/weather related, as I checked it late at night after a rain storm.

I wonder what Dish will say when the show up saturday if the system info screen doesn't show the drift ?

LER

Interestingly, the LNB that was reporting drift on 404 is now checking out ok. It might be temp/weather related, as I checked it late at night after a rain storm.

I wonder what Dish will say when the show up saturday if the system info screen doesn't show the drift ?

LER

The "LNB" drift is a by-product of a bad 4.x software download - not sure which one but I had no problems nor any "drift" prior to 4.01 but now have 4.03 it still indicates it.

I've been having OTA dropouts on one channel (ABC) since L401. I just noticed this morning that I have L405. I don't believe it has entirely fixed my OTA problem though since I did witness a couple of moments of brief pixelation today. I haven't watched enough yet to determine whether L405 is better or worse, but so far I would say that it has improved the issue. Usually I would see a few of those yellow "lost signal" screens during the little time I watch tv before work and during lunch, but I have not seen any thus far.

My other OTA channels seem ok still.

Last edited:
I noticed a bunch of pixelization/blocking on my local NBC (KXAN, 36.1) last night with L405. Need to investigate more.

Didn't seem to be as bad on the CBS (KEYE, 42.1).

LER

I have been having OTA drops since L4.xx. It's not horrible, but whether my signal levels are 75, 85, or 100 these little sputters become a little more than annoying after an hour or two. Anyway, both of my 622s were updating last night and my wife reports there have been drops with any the DC area OTA channels today.

The "LNB" drift is a by-product of a bad 4.x software download - not sure which one but I had no problems nor any "drift" prior to 4.01 but now have 4.03 it still indicates it.
Perhaps you had no indication prior to 4.01 because the detection was not in the software until 4.01 ?

Was there anything in these updates that could have been related to trick play. My 622 with L4.05 seems to have an improved trick play. My other one that has L4.03 still sucks..

My 622 did not have to be rebooted 3 times a day because of the black screetching screen, so maybe 4.05 finally fixed the problem. I never use OTA as I get my locals in HD from Dish, so there had to be some other fixes in 4.05 besides OTA.

If you believe the rather brief "release notes" posted, you'll see no fix for "screeching reboots", OTA loss, rewind/ff glitches. It only fixed one, obscure thing.

If you believe the rather brief "release notes" posted, you'll see no fix for "screeching reboots", OTA loss, rewind/ff glitches. It only fixed one, obscure thing.
Why would anyone expect "E" be forthcoming and truthful about their release notes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)