L617 and The Beast 1080P - Does it work?

I tried to download it again yesterday and it still says that the tv resolution can't be used in 1080p and it will do it in a resolution that my tv uses. My 42" regza Toshiba hd tv is from 2007 and it is new to me . I just bought it last month and it was a floor model and reduced to $847.00. It is just like my Dad's regza 32"hdtv. We have actually been able to use a 1080p movie from the recorded portion of DISH's hard drive. Never tried to download over the internet. Both my dad and my tv can do 1080p because I can do Blu-ray in 1080p. I guess I will have to wait till the 922 comes out. Then everything will be upconverted to 1080p.

I get the same message but it still downloads in 1080p at 24fps

Yes...please elaborate on how you confirmed that what you are watching is actually 1080p. We know you can download the the 1080p title but is what you actually watch show as 1080p in your TV menu bar as you watch it??

My Pioneer Plasma TV displays 1080p on the screen. I also can have it display 24HZ on the screen. My Samsung LCD also displays 1920xx1080@24HZ

Last edited:
My Pioneer Plasma TV displays 1080p on the screen. I also can have it display 24HZ on the screen. My Samsung LCD also displays 1920xx1080@24HZ

Here are 2[/ATTACH] screen pictures:

Attachments

• IMGP0001.JPG
    IMGP0001.JPG
    888 KB · Views: 138
  • IMGP0002.JPG
    IMGP0002.JPG
    939 KB · Views: 127
I get the same message but it still downloads in 1080p at 24fps

How old is your TV?

Tell us a little about your configuration. Do you go through a stereo receiver of some sort? Could this receiver be upconverting your content prior to getting to your TV?

I unplugged my receiver yesterday for about 20 minutes. I then plugged it back in and let it just sit for another 20 minutes. I then deleted episode 105 and am in the process of downloading it again. Perhaps with a "reset" it will work ... this is the only thing that I have not tried.

It is interesting though that you get the message still ...

Well ... my reset did not work.

It looks like I am doomed not to get The Beast in 1080p. I suppose there could be worse ;)

The Beast has always displayed at 1080i on my Panasonic plasma (1080p). I have never rented any of the 1080p VODs from Dish (nothing there so far I wanted to spring for). I have selected one of these VODs to see if my TV would pass the test though. How do you know if you pass? In my case the screen only goes black for about one second and I get a second confirmation screen asking if I am sure I want to rent (at which point I cancel).

That rent confirmation screen is in 1080p. Your screen going black for a second is the TV re-syncing to the new frequency.

The Beast has always displayed at 1080i on my Panasonic plasma (1080p).

Your set is native 1080p, so EVERYTHING displays at 1080p. If it displays "1080i" on-screen, it is telling you the format of the signal it is receiving, not what it is displaying.

Your set is also one of the rare sets that can accept a 24Hz despite not being able to display it with an even cadence (its refresh rate is 60Hz, which is not a multiple of 24Hz).

Your set is native 1080p, so EVERYTHING displays at 1080p. If it displays "1080i" on-screen, it is telling you the format of the signal it is receiving, not what it is displaying.

Right - when the Beast is playing and I hit info on the TV remote is when I see 1080i (signal it is receiving).

Last edited:
How old is your TV?

Tell us a little about your configuration. Do you go through a stereo receiver of some sort? Could this receiver be upconverting your content prior to getting to your TV?

I unplugged my receiver yesterday for about 20 minutes. I then plugged it back in and let it just sit for another 20 minutes. I then deleted episode 105 and am in the process of downloading it again. Perhaps with a "reset" it will work ... this is the only thing that I have not tried.

It is interesting though that you get the message still ...

I have a 2 year old Samsung LCD TV and a 2008 Model Pioneer plasma. I have my HDMI going directly to the TV. The signal for the Beast has always been 1080p/24 on both sets. I have answered this on another thread on this Forum.

That channel 501 rent confirmation screen is in 1080p. Your screen going black for a second is the TV re-syncing to the new frequency.

So if a set fails this test they get a different message?
If your set can't display the 1080p message and remains black or says not supported, after 10 seconds waiting for your response, the receiver switches back to previous resolution and displays a "do you want to rent in a compatible resolution" message.

I can watch the 1080p video on demand movies that DISH records to their portion of the hard drive in full 1080p, but the internet video on demand -no go. I get the message my tv is not compatible. I tried last night and I got the Mummy movie fine but no Beast in 1080p. I guess the 922 will fix this problem since everything will be in 1080p.

So the 922 always does 1080p? I initially was not convinced that I needed this guy ... this has got me thinking ...

Anyway ... those folks that have got The Beast to work ... what mode is your receiver in ... dual mode or single?

I wonder if the mode has something to do with it. I have mine in dual mode.

Thanks ...

So the 922 always does 1080p? I initially was not convinced that I needed this guy ... this has got me thinking ...

Anyway ... those folks that have got The Beast to work ... what mode is your receiver in ... dual mode or single?

I wonder if the mode has something to do with it. I have mine in dual mode.

Thanks ...

I don't think I've read that the 922 upconverts to 1080p anywere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)