L629 software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Viper0580

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Did any one get L629 on the Vip622 receiver? My Vip622's updated last night from L627. Does any one know what is new in the software and what they fixed or broke in L629?

My 722 got it, my 622 did not. Hopefully they worked on the Black Screen turn-on w/ Recording in progress bug.

The PIP trick didn't work for me all the time.

One thing I can see that they added to the Vip622 with software L629 is that there is a wireless option under the Broadband setup menu. Option 6-1-9. Wireless setup is option one. What wireless device does DishNetwork have for the receivers and/what wireless device can I use for the receivers. I have 2 - Vip622's and 2- Vip612's wired to a Linksys E3000 router with wireless N. I am also on the 1000.4 dish with the everything pack.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 455
Maybe it is for the (hopefully soon to be released) TV Anywhere adapter?

Or maybe Dish is updating the software to use simple USB to Ethernet adpaters?

I'll have to look on my 622 tonight to see if I got the new version as well.

Miner

One thing I can see that they added to the Vip622 with software L629 is that there is a wireless option under the Broadband setup menu. Option 6-1-9. Wireless setup is option one. What wireless device does DishNetwork have for the receivers and/what wireless device can I use for the receivers. I have 2 - Vip622's and 2- Vip612's wired to a Linksys E3000 router with wireless N. I am also on the 1000.4 dish with the everything pack.

Wi-Fi Dongle perhaps??

I got L629 yesterday on the middle R# of my 3. Noticed it has a new "STB Health Live" in the "Send Status" area of the Diagnostics, also has the greyed out wireless setup, and the MAC addresses for both home plug and Ethernet in the broadband setup screen.

Nothing else looked really different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts