L629 software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've got L629 on both of my 722's. The only thing I've noticed so far is that the Broadband Setup has changed, with:

1. Wireless Setup
2. Network Setup
3. Nickname Setup
4. Web Activation
& Cancel

I had to go through a web activation process to be able to access via ethernet. It was successful on one of the units, but the other one is giving me fits. I can do Remote Access successfully from the Remote Access path on my browser, and from the Dish App on my iPhone. Not sure what benefit the new activation is providing.

L629 showed up on my 622 yesterday morning. Thus far, aside from the new menu options, no other changes or differences in behavior that I've been able to discern except: EHD does put the resume option up now on the menu without having to do a pause-then-stop process. Nice fix there. :)

Same here on my 722k. Shouldn't all like units have the same software? When Dish does an update, why aren't all 722ks updated?

Ghpr13:confused:

Most downloads are staged. Sometimes, well most times, there are glitches in the software that need to get fixed. So, the first downloads are the guinea pigs and they will call in the issues. When they are fixed the download moves on to a wider group. Eventually when it is deemed OK there is a global download. Doing it this way makes sure that the entire universe is not impacted at the same time.

Same here on my 722k. Shouldn't all like units have the same software? When Dish does an update, why aren't all 722ks updated?

Actually, no. Most units run very different software. The only Dish Boxes to run the same software are the original 622 & 722 (only significant difference is HDD size). The 722k is a (somewhat) different beast (ATSC turner is optional).

Each box seems to come with a completely unique set of bugs.

If you go here, you can lookup your box and see what software it's running:

https://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/index.shtml

It would probably be helpful if these software threads included the box they are referring to. The dish boxes all use the same software naming convention. But, they will not run the same versions (you will never see L629 on your 722k).

will 612 get wireless feature

Probably, eventually. But, if you want wireless now you could get a wireless bridge for not much more then the USB dongle. Plus, you would also get a port to plug in your new Blu-Ray player (etc). A Bridge could have multiple ports, or you could plug an Ethernet Switch into the Bridge.

Then, there's homeplug. Though I'm not a big fan. Very unreliable in my house. Expecially when crossing the power phases. Could also be problems from all the powerline noise from all the CFL's I've been screwing in. Like I said, not a big fan. Those wires were never ment for data.

(but then the wireless eventually pisses me off too and I end up pulling an Ethernet cable)

Most downloads are staged. Sometimes, well most times, there are glitches in the software that need to get fixed. So, the first downloads are the guinea pigs and they will call in the issues. When they are fixed the download moves on to a wider group. Eventually when it is deemed OK there is a global download. Doing it this way makes sure that the entire universe is not impacted at the same time.

Thank you, Dr. Who.:D
(Seriously, that makes sense. Thanks!)
Ghpr13:)

I found that pressing record on a live program gave me a message to increase or decrease the extension of the recording using the . This looked simpler than the multiple button choice from before but with less options like recurring or record all, perhaps.

It previously said "Record Remainder of This Event" (OK) (Options).

Oops, the new-to-me form came up on a second push of the record button after "timing out." Looks like time out acts as OK, so it was something else.

---
The cancel banner displays the time left to record on a partially recorded program and then switches to time to end of recording as the recording ends--I think this action is new--not sure what is was before.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)