L725 on 722

neonturbo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
michigan
I seem to have received L725 on my 722 (not-K) recently. I am not sure when it happened, I have been gone on vacation for a couple weeks, and for some reason I happened to check what software I was on.

One thing I noticed is when there is a signal loss, I get a new message about "switching to SD channel" (similar to what L751 does for the 722K) Anyone else have any more info about what is changed/fixed? I seem to think that the picture is clearer somehow, but that could be my imagination.

I don't see any mention of this software on the net anywhere.

neonturbo said:
I seem to have received L725 on my 722 (not-K) recently. I am not sure when it happened, I have been gone on vacation for a couple weeks, and for some reason I happened to check what software I was on.

One thing I noticed is when there is a signal loss, I get a new message about "switching to SD channel" (similar to what L751 does for the 722K) Anyone else have any more info about what is changed/fixed? I seem to think that the picture is clearer somehow, but that could be my imagination.

I don't see any mention of this software on the net anywhere.

I too have a 722(no-k) with L725 code. I currently have the problem of being unable to use both satellite tuners simultaneously, whether viewing or recording. I first noticed this 8 days ago when scheduled recordings failed [log error being no signal]. (I am awaiting a service call for a diagnosed splitter problem.)

My 722 does not switch over to SD since I have those channels locked out. [This was done to eliminate duplicate listings in searches and the guide.]

I do not suspect a splitter, but did think the unit was faulty as it is my 5th. Now, I think the code could be the problem. We'll see after Tuesday's service call.

You have for a long time been able to make the SD duplicates disappear from the guide. I forget when this happened exactly, but it automatically went into that mode with the firmware that did this. (Same for my 612s. SD duplicates disappeared from the guide.)

Going to check my 722 now... Still on 724.

I locked up the channels because I got tired of the duplicate listings when I do searches. The multiple listings plus the listings for unsubscribed events was driving me nuts!

One other thing:

The fan seems to run full-tilt much of the time. The receiver is out in the open, and the fan did not run like that before this firmware. There is no reason it should be in jet engine mode so much. It is quite distracting when I am trying to quietly watch TV at night, and this thing is roaring away.

Seems I am talking to myself here, but the fan running at full speed seems to happen only on certain channels. Channel 205 (HD), Fox News, is one of them. I don't think it is all HD channels that cause this, other channels like 182, Discovery (HD) the fan operates like it used to I.E. low/silent.

I have been getting the 'lost HD switching to SD' message regularly the past week or so...wondering now if it coincided with getting 725 on my 722?

I just found this thread as I was going to open a new one with a somewhat similar question. I also have a 722 w/ L725 software. I was checking my signal levels today and tonight and my levels are very very low, reading them in the point dish screen. I checked my 612 upstairs and they are fine. I switched coax leads from the dish to my ground block in the cellar and no change, I then ran a new RG6 from the ground block to my 722, no change, I switched the tuner1/2 splitter with the 612, no change. It appears to me that either the 722 is bad or this software has a bug.... Anybody else have this problem?
Thanks!

I have not noticed any difference in the fan noise however

F

Last edited:
Still low signal, and now I am getting some pixalation and shifting, especially on TBS. I just got a WD EHD and moved my recording on to it as this appears to be a failing 722. Anybody else ever have these symptoms? I have gone thru several receivers in the last few years but they all developed hd problems, mostly on playback.

I have the same issues with my 722, point dish screen shows low signal strength, various lost signal messages, pixelated recordings. I've switched some timers to record in SD since the issue seems to only happen when a combination of HD channels is on both tuners. I've changed out some old cabling I had once I saw the low signal numbers and made sure the dish was pointed good and even swapped/changed the splitter with the other receiver but nothing has helped.

My gut tells me it's software, seems to be bogged down doing something. probably the extra features added in recent months combined with a slower cpu than the 722k which is fast with everything I do on it. Or just a bug in the software. I've been seeing other posts around from people about intermittent signal and pixelation so I knew it wasn't likely the receiver dying unless the new software has killed it. Hoping for L7.26 soon with a fix which I'd think would be cheaper than sending thousands of receivers back and forth in cardboard boxes around the country. ;)

I have a 722 on L725 and I have none of those symptoms (but I haven't checked the point dish screen). The only thing bugging me ;) on L725 is 100% of my BB@home rentals disappear overnight (but they're still there). This bug was there for months when BB@home was first introduced. Now it's back.

Dish was here as I have a service contact (I forgot to cancel it) He measured the signal and it was fine, he swapped out with a 722K and levels are normal now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)