L750 for VIP 722K

jb3683

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
So. Central Nebraska
I don't know when I received the L750 update, but this morning my reciever went into a not responding state while trying to access "My Recordings" by pressing the DVR button twice. It then proceeded to do a hard reboot. After it started back up, it locked up while I tried to press the "DVR" button twice. This time it did not reboot on it's own. I had to hold down the "Power" button for it to perform a hard reboot.

Is anyone else having this issue? I don't know if I just recently received the L750 update or not.

I just got L690 and now my manual recording in the morning shows black with no information in the guide or channel info. The only way I can watch it is to stop it and start over. I deleted one timer and the entire receiver locked up. JUST LOVE NEW SOFTWARE UPDATES.:mad:

I just got L690 and now my manual recording in the morning shows black with no information in the guide or channel info. The only way I can watch it is to stop it and start over. I deleted one timer and the entire receiver locked up. JUST LOVE NEW SOFTWARE UPDATES.:mad:

I'm not sure what software version I have on our 722k, but this exact thing happened last night to us. I deleted a timer and the receiver froze and rebooted itself. I was just telling my wife how I didn't miss the crap receivers from the cable company as they did the same thing....

according to the Current Software list, L7.50 was marked "Current" as of 11/29/2011

I must not have seen it ... I was in looking at the list earlier today ... and in just looking over it again.. I can say I'm glad I don't have a 222k! ... updated in May, Jun, Sept, Oct, and Now ... 11/30/2011 ...

May to Jun for the 222k was 3.98 to 5.90, and then is now at 5.94 .. and even more oddly *all* of the firmware for the 222k is marked current. Even 3.98.

I don't know when I received the L750 update, but this morning my reciever went into a not responding state while trying to access "My Recordings" by pressing the DVR button twice. It then proceeded to do a hard reboot. After it started back up, it locked up while I tried to press the "DVR" button twice. This time it did not reboot on it's own. I had to hold down the "Power" button for it to perform a hard reboot.

Is anyone else having this issue? I don't know if I just recently received the L750 update or not.

My 722K just locked up again. I opened the front panel door to press some buttons there. Receiver would not respond to any button I pressed except for when I held in on the power button to perform a hard reset.

Is there a way to tell when my receiver last updated the new software? I found in the counters where it states the previous software version.

I am surprised no one else is having this issue. Maybe it is my receiver going bad.

My 722K just locked up again. I opened the front panel door to press some buttons there. Receiver would not respond to any button I pressed except for when I held in on the power button to perform a hard reset.

Is there a way to tell when my receiver last updated the new software? I found in the counters where it states the previous software version.

I am surprised no one else is having this issue. Maybe it is my receiver going bad.

There is not away to tell when you got the update. To me this does sound like a receiver starting to fail. If you'd like to PM me your account information, I can setup for a replacement.

not to hate on our O.P. .... but I hope that Zach is right.. that the receiver is just failing ... I'd hate to get L750 and find out its bad causing more receivers to lock-up. :(

not to hate on our O.P. .... but I hope that Zach is right.. that the receiver is just failing ... I'd hate to get L750 and find out its bad causing more receivers to lock-up. :(

Same here, for the sake of all 3 of my 722Ks...

according to the Current Software list, L7.50 was marked "Current" as of 11/29/2011

I must not have seen it ... I was in looking at the list earlier today ... and in just looking over it again.. I can say I'm glad I don't have a 222k! ... updated in May, Jun, Sept, Oct, and Now ... 11/30/2011 ...

May to Jun for the 222k was 3.98 to 5.90, and then is now at 5.94 .. and even more oddly *all* of the firmware for the 222k is marked current. Even 3.98.

TG2,
where can I access the Current Software List?

Zach, which software version is yours running? Also, which is the latest version? Is the L750 software update supposed to fix the problem with the disappearing rentals? I saw that some others have software 690 and their rentals are showing...is 690 an older or newer update?

I checked over the weekend and I am running 750. 690 and 750 are both current software versions.

I have L690 ... and have had IPVod .. the ones with the Stream Quality Meter .. that did *not* get deleted from the receiver.. and I've tried *other* VOD's that don't have that quality meter show ... and they have disappeared..

so that may be a further distinction on the bug itself.. still haven't seen any posts on what L750 corrects.. :(

I checked over the weekend and I am running 750. 690 and 750 are both current software versions.
Hey Zach ... or any other member of Dish IRT ... can someone PING Michael ... looking for the update alert posted at Dish Support with notes on what the firmware is supposed to address ?? Thx!!

**ALSO**

Just also saw notes that someone got L722 for their 722 receiver (the 722 non-K) which the 722 users have been having that problem on the L721 firmware with "not connected" or dropping connection since L721 came out (*some* 722/L721 users were not having the problem .. but in cases where the problem was present it was usually a user with a 722 receiver, and started when the user got L721 firmware)

Hey Zach ... or any other member of Dish IRT ... can someone PING Michael ... looking for the update alert posted at Dish Support with notes on what the firmware is supposed to address ?? Thx!!

**ALSO**

Just also saw notes that someone got L722 for their 722 receiver (the 722 non-K) which the 722 users have been having that problem on the L721 firmware with "not connected" or dropping connection since L721 came out (*some* 722/L721 users were not having the problem .. but in cases where the problem was present it was usually a user with a 722 receiver, and started when the user got L721 firmware)

I'll let him know as soon as I see him.