L755 on 722K

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
Woke up this morning to an unusable receiver. Audio and video drop outs, some channels black - no video or sound. It was fine last night. It looks like it downloaded L755 overnight. I know it is not the hdmi cable because I switched my roku and dish hdmi cables this morning. roku and antnna work fine, so not the tv. Anyone else have issues with 722(k) znd l755? Did a diagnosis and it gives the receiver status as good. I unpluged the receiver for a half hour this morning as a reset.

Woke up this morning to an unusable receiver. Audio and video drop outs, some channels black - no video or sound. It was fine last night. It looks like it downloaded L755 overnight. I know it is not the hdmi cable because I switched my roku and dish hdmi cables this morning. roku and antnna work fine, so not the tv. Anyone else have issues with 722(k) znd l755? Did a diagnosis and it gives the receiver status as good. I unpluged the receiver for a half hour this morning as a reset.

I have had L755 on both my 722K for some time. No problem with the download. You didn't say if the reset worked.

Please change the title to reference the 722K. I went looking at my 722 to see that I have L727 (which also appears to be new).

I've had L755 on my 722k for quite some time and no problems. Maybe try unplugging the receiver from power for 15 minutes.

L755 on my 722k here. Haven't had any issues so far.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

wkomorow said:

Please keep us updated. As others have stated, the L755 software has been of for some time, but not a very long time. In fact it's been 2 to 3 weeks. You are the third person here, including me, to have these issues. Things to look for:
1.) Your video is freezing and audio stays on.
2.) The receiver doesn't respond to any remote command.
3.) If you are using HDMI, when you shut off the tv (not receiver) and turn it back on the video looks like a very refined snow from the old big tube days.
4.) If the previous three are happening, be advised, eventually the receiver will try to update. When it does, it will freeze and go into boot recovery mode. This is error message 981. When it does, if your hard drive is dying, it will complete the recovery and go back to the startup screen and then into recovery mode again. This will loop indefinitely.

I also question L755 as it's been the weeks since the software update that these receivers began to have problems. Now I question, how many Dish subscribers who aren't on this website, are experiencing the same issues. Three people here, similar problem in less than a week? This has to be the software.

Last edited:
I have 755 here and so far been good, but am keeping an eye on it.

Thanks everyone, my problem looks to be solved. Don't know if this applies to others, but I disconnected my Revue and it has been fine since then. I should hook the revue back up to see if the problem reoccurs, but I am just happy that it is gone. I really used the revue as an ip remote, my receiver is in the basement.

Fat man do you have a revue?

I had the same problem with Dish and my Revue. Unplugging the Revue and plugging it back in after a few minutes always fixes it.

My VIP722K started having exactly the same problems, in exactly the same time frame. I have no Revue. It was getting frustrating to the point of dropping Dish Network (customer since April 1997). I cleared the NVRAM by the applicable keystrokes and things are working again (but lets see for how long...).

My K got L755 about 3 weeks ago and I have not had any problems at all, in fact I never got around to do a hard reset to avoid any problems, and it still seems to be rock solid. Been thinking about upgrading to a Hopper, but this thing is providing yeoman service for the last 2 years without a hiccup, so I am leery to try a newer receiver.

wkomorow said:
Thanks everyone, my problem looks to be solved. Don't know if this applies to others, but I disconnected my Revue and it has been fine since then. I should hook the revue back up to see if the problem reoccurs, but I am just happy that it is gone. I really used the revue as an ip remote, my receiver is in the basement.

Fat man do you have a revue?

Wish I could say, but it didn't. My 722k went belly up, so I said screw it and switched to the Hopper.

722k Freezing

One of my 722k's has developed a new problem. FREEZING! The picture just freezes (no sound) if I change channels and then back it's OK until the next freeze. The frequency of these freezes may be a day or more, I'm not sure, guess I will have to take notes. Software L755
Anybody else having this?
Michael

With a video freezing issue that is intermittent like that, the only real thing to try would be a hard reset. If it continues after that it would be good to look at replacing that receiver through the Ra process.

Look further down at post L755 on 722k post. Dish has a firmware problem with the latest release and I'm not the only one seeing the freezes.

Jason,
Don't these receivers often reboot themselves at night, it you have them turned off in standby mode? In any case I can do a reboot and see if that is a longterm fix. It is quite curious that of the two 722k's I have this one is the most defective. That is, one of my 722k's has been operating over a year without a problem. This one has caught all of the diseases the 722k's have and as a result has been replaced many times. Even more interesting both are in the same entertainment center albeit at different levels. Booth have proper air circulation and neither runs hotter than the other. Both are connected to the same antenna (sat and OTA), the same a/c outlet the same TV and same MATV distribution system. And yet one gets sick frequently and the other doesn't. I guess one has a better immune system!
Michael

A while back, a software update really screwed up my OTA on dish, weaker stations became untuneable. I thought I was having issues with my antenna. I ran the antenna cable directly into my tv and all has been fine since. I really did not record that much OTA. I am glad so far that software issues have simple behavioral solutions. I am happy with my 722k, but these software issues are unfortunate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)