La Liga fan thread

Vince2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Portland, OR
Hi Folks. There is only one reason I still subscribe to Voom (when I can get it), and that is World Sport coverage of La Liga. With the new season on, I thought other fans may want to discuss the sport here. Any thoughts about about Real Madrid's pick up of Owen? Any Valencia fans out there?

Owen played as a substitute in the game against Numancia last week. Very little time. Is that going to be his rolled? I can't the other superstars sitting over Owens. I think we are going to be able to measure better the other teams once we get to see Barcelona and Valencia but look who is leading the pack (as of last week) Zaragoza. I have yet to seet the later standings maybe someone can publish it. Also, how are the points calculated for each team. Is it based on goals and point scores? I know I heard the explanation before but I do not remember.

Hi Sean. You get 3 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and zero for a loss. Hence, there were 6 teams with 3 points after the first week. All really tied, but they ranked them by who won first I think. It is going to be real tough for Real Madrid to keep Owen as a sub, but that is what they did last year with Solari, and he would surely be a franchise starter on any other team. Who do you bench...Zidane? Ronaldo? Figo?. I would put Owen in for Raul. The capt. just hasn't done too much to impress me other than cherrypick for a few goals.
Ilya: Thanks for the links. I guess I should have searched the forum better. Nice to see Paul chime in every once in awhile. His live game commentary is brilliant. Just wish he'd loose the Argintine sidekick and stay with the Englishman for most games.

Oh yeah, the current standings can be seen here: http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/spain/table/

They also state:
"Teams receive three points for a win, one point for a draw and no points for a defeat.
The bottom three teams will be automatically relegated.
If teams finish level on points the team finishing higher will be the one with the best record in matches between the teams.
If teams still cannot be separated then the team finishing higher will be the team with the best goal difference.
If teams still cannot be separated then the team finishing higher will be the team with the most goals scored. "

The suprise so far to me is Athletico Madrid. My son loves that team due to their Jerseys (imagine that).

Vince2 said:
Ilya: Thanks for the links. I guess I should have searched the forum better.
No problem. Glad to see one more soccer fan in this forum!
As far as I am concerned, even WorldSportHD channel alone with its live matches from Spain makes having VOOM worth it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts