La Liga Season 2007-2008 on WorldSportHD

This is getting ridiculous! Can't the league or the football federation intervene?

:mad::mad::mad:

Do the Spaniards have an equivalent for the English term of 'cutting your nose off to spite your face'?:rolleyes:

I suspect Sevilla - Deportivo ((Sevilla have a contract with Mediapro and so there is no problem getting in).

The Spanish Football League are going up the wall about all of this and the damage it is doing to their image abroad - as i've said before it is not just the US, but all Europe, the Middle and Far East and other markets such as Australia etc that are ALL getting shafted.

However, unless the Spanish govt actually steps in and says Sogecable are acting wrongly or are incompetent in carrying out their obligations then nobody can step in...The big problem here is that Sogecable are part of the media group that support the Spanish govt in the press.
To give you an American equivilent: Can you imagine George Bush telling FOX they were unable to carry on because they were useless and biased? - that just isn't going to happen (even thought it probably should)...

It is all very depressing

and we will probably have to bring you a different game, although almost certainly at the same time.

The WorldsportHD site still is showing the Atletico v. Barca game as the next game. FYI. My DVR should get the game you show, as long as the channel info. is updated in time. There have been several times this year so far, where the game listed was from a similar fixture from the '06-'07 season instead of a LIVE game from this one. I know many of the details come in at the last minute, but some of us rely on our HD DVRs to record the game and La Liga. Mine can search for 'New episodes', but the WorldSport channel information needs to properly label a given game as 'new'. I hope my DVR gets the game for this Sunday. It's always a concern of mine and the fact that WorldSport doesn't show encore presentations in a predictable timeslot anymore makes it much more of an 'all-or-nothing' experience.

The government in league with Sogecable doesn't remotely surprise me. I have been in Spain in the last two years (even been through the Atocha train station) and the fact that the government was even elected in the first place was an unlikely event predicated upon the train bombings. I recall that the polls shifted considerably after those terror attacks and caused the prior government to fall. The numbers weren't close before the bombings, and the shock of them made it a close race. But you were there during all of that and no doubt could tell us more, Paul.

I wouldn't count on the channel guide in this situation. Set your DVR for specific times instead.

The WorldsportHD site still is showing the Atletico v. Barca game as the next game. FYI. My DVR should get the game you show, as long as the channel info. is updated in time. There have been several times this year so far, where the game listed was from a similar fixture from the '06-'07 season instead of a LIVE game from this one. I know many of the details come in at the last minute, but some of us rely on our HD DVRs to record the game and La Liga. Mine can search for 'New episodes', but the WorldSport channel information needs to properly label a given game as 'new'. I hope my DVR gets the game for this Sunday. It's always a concern of mine and the fact that WorldSport doesn't show encore presentations in a predictable timeslot anymore makes it much more of an 'all-or-nothing' experience.

+1

This is getting to the point where it's almost more trouble than it's worth to watch these games. Some of the time my DVR will record a new match (as the guide says it's new) and I'll sit down to watch it only to find out it's a rerun from last year. Very disappointing.

I think Paul and the folks at Worldsport do a great job but I may to just scrap this season and focus on the EPL in crappy SD. At least I know when and who will be on.

OK, keep the faith folks. Sunday will be Sevilla - Deportivo at the same time...5pm local time.

We'lll be there, then there is a week off and we return with...I suspect Villarreal - Barca or Espanyol - R Madrid. Given the way things are going it will almost certainly be Villareal - Barca. We then have a glut of games at where this shouldn't be a problem as the home teams have deals with Mediapro (ie Valencia - R Madrid), Sevilla - Valencia.

As for the last Spanish elections and the Atocha bombings, I remember it well (sadly). Indeed we had to do commentate on a Villarreal UEFA Cup game that same day..., On that occasion Sogecable were the only people who told the truth, unlike the then govt....But that is way way off topic. If anyone wants to talk about it off topic, send me a personal communication.

I'm going to be on Spanish radio tomorrow to talk about the effect this is having outside of Spain. All the comments about giving up and so on will be brought out for evryone to hear. I will not be holding back.

cheers folks

^ May I ask which radio show it is? Is it one that is an internet radio like Cadena Ser or Radio Marca? Thanks again for the update.

Today's live game Sevilla vs. Deportivo starts in a few minutes!

For those watching the Sevilla-Deportivo game live, I started a separate thread:

We'll keep the goal shouts and score updates away from this main thread, in order not to spoil it for those watching on a DVR delay. :D

GOOD NEWS (I think)

Well Tuesday saw a Spanish Judge step in and take action. He has said that the TV situaiton has to return to what was agreed in July 2006. ie The situaition we all enjoyed LAST SEASON. So we all take that to mean that we can no longer be deneid access to grounds such as the Bernabeu or the Camp Nou or anywhere for that matter.

Sogecable say it is a victory for them, while Mediapro are so happy to have 'lost' that they are not even going to bother appealing...

Which means normal service should be resumed from this moment.

It's been like the battle of the Somme, 7 weeks of hard fighting, millions lost and at the end of the day both combatants are in the same position they were in at the start of it all!!

By the way, almost certain that we will be bringing you Villarreal - Barca on October 20th.

cheers

Good. Hope that stays in effect by October 20. :D

No La Liga games this weekend due to international qualifying games.

Great News Paul... :up

but they just had to wait until the International Break to fix it didn't they:rolleyes:

Go go go----- we have our flights to Valencia, we have our hire care and we have our hotel.....we have even booked our restaurant for lunch...Paella with lobster!!! and you lot though only the stars lived well!!!!!

Thank god for expense accounts

Can't wait. Mind you no Ronaldinho - seems he and the R Madrid Brazilians all arrived late back to Spain after a massive night on the sauce following their 5-0 win over Ecuador!!

Little Leo was a good boy however, so he's there, while Riqueleme is not despite starring for Argentina...all the details and more tomorrow....ciao

Thanks for the confirmation, Paul! Looking forward to it!

So, the game time today is 2pm Eastern - 1pm Central.

Well, Sevilla-Deportivo game from 10/07 is on right now. So much for the live game today...

!@#$%^&*!!! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts