LA national network hd channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
E

EZ Ed

Thread Starter
Member
Jun 8, 2006
6
0
I just signed up for and had HD installed with the hr10-250 receiver and can't receive HD CBSW - 81, NBCW 83, & ABCW 87, I do get FOXW HD 89, CBSW - 381, NBCW 383, ABCW 387 and FOXW 389. I called and asked why I couldn't get them if I can't get OTA in the mountains where I live. There answer was I had to get waivers from those networks I tried to explain that I already have waivers and have for at least 4 years. Is there anything or anyone I can call to resolve this issue?
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
What is your zip code?

Your waivers were obtained for the analog DNS channels correct? As I understood it a while back, I did not think those waivers covered digital; has there ever been an established process solely for digital waivers?


EZ Ed said:
I called and asked why I couldn't get them if I can't get OTA in the mountains where I live. There answer was I had to get waivers from those networks I tried to explain that I already have waivers and have for at least 4 years. Is there anything or anyone I can call to resolve this issue?

The short answer is that it is all mandated by law that they accept or decline based on a zip code database provided to them versus the user's service zip code.
 
Last edited:
G

Greg Bimson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2004
1,863
0
There may be a shorter answer.

Ed, you need to tell us:

1) Where do you live?
2) Do you receive local channels as well as distant locals?
3) Do you receive both the LA and NY distant locals?
4) Do you receive the NY HD locals?

Answering these four questions will tell us everything we know, so that we can give you the correct answer.
 
Last edited:
E

EZ Ed

Thread Starter
Member
Jun 8, 2006
6
0
1) Where do you live?
I live in Coarsegold CA 93614 I also have a vacation home area code 93664
2) Do you receive local channels as well as distant locals?
Locals and distant locals from 93614 only distant locals at 93664.
3) Do you receive both the LA and NY distant locals?
I used to but canceled NY when locals became available at 93614.
4) Do you receive the NY HD locals?
No
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
Zip 93614 has SD and HD LIL service available via DirecTV. Only KMPH-DT - FOX - 26 is offline for now. Have you thought about "changing" all your service addresses to the lake house 93664 to get the HD DNS? MPEG4 HD LIL for your current location will require the AT9 and H20, but as you already know the HD DNS will work with older MPEG2 HD receivers; which I assume you have now.

Zip 93664 has only SD available.

Eligibility review for the following:
COARSEGOLD, CA 93614

Standard Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

Digital (HD) Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

HOWEVER

Eligibility review for the following:
SHAVER LAKE, CA 93664

Standard Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

Digital (HD) Distant Network Service
Network Affiliate Status
ABC Eligible
CBS Eligible
FOX Eligible
NBC Eligible
 
Last edited:
E

EZ Ed

Thread Starter
Member
Jun 8, 2006
6
0
charper1 said:
Zip 93614 has SD and HD LIL service available via DirecTV. Only KMPH-DT - FOX - 26 is offline for now. Have you thought about "changing" all your service addresses to the lake house 93664 to get the HD DNS? MPEG4 HD LIL for your current location will require the AT9 and H20, but as you already know the HD DNS will work with older MPEG2 HD receivers; which I assume you have now.

Zip 93664 has only SD available.

Eligibility review for the following:
COARSEGOLD, CA 93614

Standard Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

Digital (HD) Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

HOWEVER

Eligibility review for the following:
SHAVER LAKE, CA 93664

Standard Distant Network Service
Not available because DIRECTV offers local network programming in your area

Digital (HD) Distant Network Service
Network Affiliate Status
ABC Eligible
CBS Eligible
FOX Eligible
NBC Eligible
Thanks for the answers.
There's no phone at 93644 so may not work as primary? Perhaps I'll just have to wait until I can get the H10-250 DVR upgraded to the HR20 DVR.
 
E

EZ Ed

Thread Starter
Member
Jun 8, 2006
6
0
charper1 said:
And why do you need the phone line?

Don't know just thought it was required for primary receiver.
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
If you order PPV via the remote you will need one, but you can order via the website to achieve the same result along with ALL your receiver on the account will receive that PPV. Ordering PPV via remote without a phone line will hose up the card after so many events. The phone line dials out to charge you for those PPV and then clear them from the card to allow more PPV. Do you have a DVR connected to the phone line?
 
E

EZ Ed

Thread Starter
Member
Jun 8, 2006
6
0
charper1 said:
If you order PPV via the remote you will need one, but you can order via the website to achieve the same result along with ALL your receiver on the account will receive that PPV. Ordering PPV via remote without a phone line will hose up the card after so many events. The phone line dials out to charge you for those PPV and then clear them from the card to allow more PPV. Do you have a DVR connected to the phone line?

Just at the 93614 home where I had the HR10-250 installed.
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

DS0816
Replies
80
Views
16K
raoul5788
raoul5788
VIPERS-PIT
Replies
3
Views
2K
damaged
damaged
Questioner
Replies
40
Views
8K
raoul5788
raoul5788

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top