Laff TV is gone from KPTV 12.3 Portland

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
As of today, Laff TV is no longer on 12.3 Portland OR, as the ION station carries it. 12.3 has not been filled as yet. So we do not know what KPTV will carry.

I noticed that too. Wondering if any of the Weigel networks (i.e. MeTV+, Decades, Movies! or even MeTV) will replace Laff? Any of these would be nice to have on a full power subchannel.

Gray TV that owns 12/49 may opt for their Sports channel too. Hard to tell. 12.3 still has a carrier the scan picked up, but it is blank. Out here on the coast, ION OTA will not reach us as they have no translators. Dish has Laff, Grit, and Bounce for anyone who wants them though.

Nexstar and SportsGrid only signed a multiyear agreement, so it's possible SportsGrid could move from KOIN 6-3 to KPTV 12-3. Opening up a spot for Rewind TV to launch on KOIN 6-3.

Rewind has shown up on Nexstar stations replacing Court TV (32.3). It has been placed right next to Antenna TV in several markets. But I have no idea how long the Scripps diginets will still be on other stations. There are also (2) TBD outlets in Portland. I am hoping one of those duplicates gets replaced. Portland is still starved with the lack of diginets, but the LPTV's I guess have picked up some of the slack. We were very fortunate to get the Weigel LPTV out here on the North Coast.

Nexstar has yet to replace Court TV with Rewind TV on KRCW (32-3) here in the Portland, OR area. KOXI-CD7 is the MeTV affiliate I get OTA. Since it's on a.7 low power subschannel, the picture is really bad. The video compression is terrible, bad video breakup and audio dropouts throughout every program. It would be nice to see KPTV DT3 become the new home of MeTV. So, LPTV's picking up the slack is not a good thing if you reside in an area that cannot get a strong signal from their transmission tower.

Last edited:
Nexstar has yet to replace Court TV with Rewind TV on KRCW (32-3) here in the Portland, OR area. KOXI-CD7 is the MeTV affiliate I get OTA. Since it's on a.7 low power subschannel, the picture is really bad. The video compression is terrible, bad video breakup and audio dropouts throughout every program. It would be nice to see KPTV DT3 become the new home of MeTV. So, LPTV's picking up the slack is not a good thing if you reside in an area that cannot get a strong signal from their transmission tower.
I am lucky here to be 10-12 miles LOS from the translators. They all come in very well. Signals 90-100% on some tuners. Other 100%. The powers vary from 6.2 KW (KOPB) down to 536 watts (KOIN).

UPDATE: I adjusted my OTA antenna a few degrees and voila, the picture and sound are MUCH better; I can actually watch MeTV again!

Reactions: Foxbat and FTA4PA
Both Laff & Grit do not have free apps , but several other Scripps channels do including ION and ION+, Defy, Real, Newsy, etc. They are either on their own, or included with services like Pluto, Xumo, Plex, etc.

We are supposed to get Rewind TV here too on the 23rd. Replacing The Sports Grid, that may be moving to 32.4 to replace the dup of TBD. In Portland OR.

Both Laff & Grit do not have free apps , but several other Scripps channels do including ION and ION+, Defy, Real, Newsy, etc. They are either on their own, or included with services like Pluto, Xumo, Plex, etc.
Grit does hava an app called GRITXtra It has a different schedule than it's linear sibling.

We are supposed to get Rewind TV here too on the 23rd. Replacing The Sports Grid, that may be moving to 32.4 to replace the dup of TBD. In Portland OR.
That's great! It does make sense to move SportsGrid to KRCW 32.4 I'm just glad Rewind TV will be on a full-power subchannel.

The Rewind TV website has been updated to now inculde KOIN 6-3 as a new affiliate. I have sent an email to the KOIN Programming Team to verify if Rewind TV will be airing on Comcast channels 306 and 1175 ( both currently are SportsGrid) and have not received an answer back regarding this matter.

Last edited:
The Rewind TV website has been updated to now inculde KOIN 6-3 as a new affiliate. I have sent an email to the KOIN Programming Team to verify if Rewind TV will be airing on Comcast channels 306 and 1175 ( both currently are SportsGrid) and have not received an answer back regarding this matter.
Yes, I got two e mails back from KOIN regarding Rewind on 6.3 on the 24th. But I have no idea what the cable fare will do. For those who like The Sports Grid and Stadium, both stream and are in the free apps on the Fire Stick & Roku.

UPDATE (10/24): Rewind TV has launched on KOIN 6-3 and Comcast 306 and 1175. The aspect ratio is correct on KOIN, but incorrect on the Comcast channels. Hopefully, the Comcast engineers will correct asap.