LAFF TV

NO, they do not.
They insert channel not available in the guide..if you fast forward to Sunday..you will see listings..but when Sunday arrives we will have to wait and see what really shows..another silly game being played by dish network

Well they do in channel disputes..:p
Again, that is NOT in Dirt's wheelhouse. TRIBUNE! Dirt is customer service, and passing along complaints/concerns. They do not pull the trigger/flip the switch on what you see in the guide.

As of this moment "To Be Announced" and "Paid Programming" on Ch 73
However, on LA OTA 7.3 on my Hopper shows complete guide info.
You are lucky. My OTA LAFF affiliate (WEWS 005-03) does not have guide info in the Dish EPG. By the way, for the past month, there was an overnight block on channel 73 that showed "Paid Programming" while my local LAFF affiliate was showing the regular LAFF programming. If those infomercials were being provided by BHTV, then apparently LAFF hadn't completely taken over channel 73, which might explain why the EPG indicator and logo did not change.

It's all dependent on whether the local gives Dish the guide data for the OTAs. I'm in the same boat with WFXT 25.3 not having any guide info for LAFF. The best I do is switch over to my TV Tuner to get the info...if I'm that desperate to know what they are playing.

It's all dependent on whether the local gives Dish the guide data for the OTAs. I'm in the same boat with WFXT 25.3 not having any guide info for LAFF. The best I do is switch over to my TV Tuner to get the info...if I'm that desperate to know what they are playing.
Guide data is provided to Dish by Tribune Media. Your problem is Dish refuses to provide guide data for most local area subchannels or allow the local broadcast psip guide data to pass thru to the receiver. Dish stopped adding subchannel guide data several years ago as discussed in several threads. So unless your subchannel was on the air before Dish stopped providing data you are out of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Guide data is provided to Dish by Tribune Media. Your problem is Dish refuses to provide guide data for most local area subchannels or allow the local broadcast psip guide data to pass thru to the receiver. Dish stopped adding subchannel guide data several years ago as discussed in several threads. So unless your subchannel was on the air before Dish stopped providing data you are out of luck.
It is even worse than that, since there are cases where Dish is obviously receiving the guide data, and actually carrying the channel on satellite, yet they do not bother to map the guide data to the OTA channel number. One example is WMFD, which Dish carries on channel 012-00, yet there is no guide data for the OTA channel 068-01. (WMFD used to broadcast in analog on channel 68. Their digital frequency is channel 12.)

As far as using the TV tuner to get the guide data for LAFF, unfortunately my local affiliate does not always come in reliably on my TV, so I would not be able to get the guide data when the signal goes out. :(

I hate to drag up an old thread, but I just noticed that the program guide for Laff TV shows "Blue Highways" but no info. This change has wiped out the timers I had set.

Anybody know what's up?

As far as using the TV tuner to get the guide data for LAFF, unfortunately my local affiliate does not always come in reliably on my TV, so I would not be able to get the guide data when the signal goes out. :(
This issue has now been made moot, since I no longer have a local affiliate of LAFF. 005-02 switched to GRIT awhile back. :(

How many times do you people have to be told that Tribune media no longer owns that guide data Tribune sold Gracenote to the Nielsen family media Company it has nothing to do with Tribune anymore it's the Nielsen family media that you have to talk to about that now

How many times do you people have to be told that Tribune media no longer owns that guide data Tribune sold Gracenote to the Nielsen family media Company it has nothing to do with Tribune anymore it's the Nielsen family media that you have to talk to about that now

If perhaps someone got off their high horse and paid attention, they would see that post was from over a year ago and absolutely correct at the time I posted it.

WHY DO SOME OF YOU GUYS KEEP DREDGING UP THESE OLD THREADS. JUST START A NEW THREAD. AMEN!

And Rovi bought TiVo and now provide the TiVo guide data.

This issue has now been made moot, since I no longer have a local affiliate of LAFF. 005-02 switched to GRIT awhile back. :(
Whoops, I must not have been fully awake when I posted that. 005-02 switched from COZI to GRIT. 005-03 is still LAFF. It doesn't help that Dish doesn't provide guide data for either subchannel. Mapping down the guide from the national feeds that Dish carries would be better than nothing, but Dish doesn't even bother to do that. :(

I hate to drag up an old thread, but I just noticed that the program guide for Laff TV shows "Blue Highways" but no info. This change has wiped out the timers I had set.

Anybody know what's up?
Since you asked this question, nobody has even addressed it. Basically, I don't watch Laff often to have noticed. Last I knew it was up as Laff. Could be a glitch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)