Lancaster, PA mayor wants to ban Satellite Dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
http://www.wgal.com/news/7844141/detail.html

LANCASTER, Pa. -- Lancaster City Mayor Rick Gray wants to regulate where residents can put their television satellite dishes on their homes. Gray said the dishes take away from the historical look of the city. The mayor had considered charging a fee to keep people from mounting the dishes in front of their homes. Now he's pushing for a zoning ordinance that would require residents to place the dishes in the back or sides of homes." It will be a look at the zoning ordinance to see if we can regulate the placement of them. It's not about charging fees, we're not interested in charging fees," said Gray. "I look up at the architecture in the city, like just across the street and everything. I don't think a satellite dish is going to take away from that, it's small, you don't even really notice it," said resident Carolyn Bitner. The zoning ordinance would only apply to new satellite dishes.

FCC Regulations Could Nix Mayor's Satellite Dish Proposal

http://www.wgal.com/news/7880883/detail.html

LANCASTER, Pa. -- News 8 has learned FCC regulations could stop the city from changing zoning laws restricting where dishes can be placed on city homes.According to the "Over the Air Reception Devices Rule," homeowners, and even renters, can place a satellite dish less than one meter in diameter on their property.Mayor Rick Gray and members of the city's historic review board would like to see satellite dishes moved from the front of homes to more out-of-sight locations.

I always thought that this would happen. The cable companies have these agreements with different municipalities and probably do "contribute" to them as well. I hope my town doesn't do this because the only place I can put my dish is in the front.

lancaster?? that is amish country.

he doesnt like satellite dishes , but doesnt mind HORSE sh*t in the streets!

comcrap OWNS this guy!!!

When we livedin an HOA, a few times there was a meeting agenda where someone wanted to put up a dish. One time a few years ago a rep from AT&T cable (now Comcrap) came there and tried to convince the board not to allow the dish. One of the board members and the guy who wanted the dish mentioned FCC rules can over rule anything the board said.

The guy also mentiond to the cable dude that the dish offered over 150 channels while the local cable was an old A/B system with 26 channels. The guy put his dish up and painted it to match the building.

We no longer live there, but Comcrap finally updated that area a couple of months ago.

The cable companies have long given money to apartment complexes to keep sat dishes out. It would not surprise me to see this happening to local pinhead mayors.

They will quickly find out that the FCC will slap him down fast.

dragon002 said:
lancaster?? that is amish country.

he doesnt like satellite dishes , but doesnt mind HORSE sh*t in the streets!

comcrap OWNS this guy!!!
Man that's funny stuff....I mean sh@t. I love going to lancaster so I can eat at Millers. I usually take a trip there about once a year. But ....really....the sat dishes have to stay. Hey I saw a amish man with a horse and buggy on a cell phone!!!

Being that I live in Lancaster City, let me tell you that I don't see much historic about it. There a few buildings here and there, like president buchanans (or however the hell you spell it) vacation home. But you know what, none of the actual historic homes have satellite dishes!! And the regular houses that people live in, are old, not historic. I like this guy, I voted for him, but he needs to find something better to do with his time than worry about stupid crap like this.

yeah, you got it now. the crap from the amish-mobiles!!!

the black "cars" with the red triangle on back that are ONE HOSEPOWER, literally!

If he wants to keep the city looking more historic then maybe he should have the cable lines taken down along with the power and phone lines as well. Do it all wirelessly and pay people to reinstall the satellite dishes to the backside of the buildings if they want it to look more historic, dont make people pay.

Things change, and things will change even further in the future whether they like it or not.

MiniTransAm said:
Being that I live in Lancaster City, let me tell you that I don't see much historic about it.
Can't get more historic than Dutch Wonderland ;)
My son kept begging yesterday to go see Duke the Dragon again :D

Derwin0 said:
Can't get more historic than Dutch Wonderland ;)
My son kept begging yesterday to go see Duke the Dragon again :D
I don't think that is in Lancaster City but I love that place. My kids love it too. Believe it or not it's one of the top rated kids parks in the U.S.

Where's Scotty and his "transparent aluminum" when you need him? LCDs use transparent electrodes, so might a see-through DBS dish be possible?

www.ITBUSA.com had clear dishes at the Satellite Expo in Memphis last year. I am sure they will be at the show next month in Atlanta. Scott will have to get some pictures for those of you not going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts