Data Caps Are Likely Coming to Spectrum Customers Soon

. I will see how it goes. If the limit is high enough not to affect the average user, I am fine with that. I have read 1tb is the norm by many of the carriers.
What you're offered and what you experience should be carefully evaluated before you hold an alternative up as a shining example.

If they go ahead, Spectrum better have a decent Cap the average person would not go over. Otherwise I am sure out here, Verizon will get a lot more business. It seems after cable is dying, I would think Spectrum and others would try to protect the subs they have for internet & phone. People are not going to be happy as Spectrum never has had a cap. It is almost like OTA TV to start charging....
no caps was a part of the merger as well as us based customer service. should get interesting!!! spectrum could care less if you leave em!!!

I like near Warrenton and our only choice is Spectrum, other than Verizon, as there is no DSL out here. I will see how it goes. If the limit is high enough not to affect the average user, I am fine with that. I have read 1tb is the norm by many of the carriers. That should be fine.

Not really. I make sure i watch locals with the antenna. Between 4k HDR episodes and regular 1080p video along with regular work online. I can use 100GB a day. I used 85GBs one day over the weekend streaming 3 football games and a couple of 4k tv episodes.

no caps was a part of the merger as well as us based customer service. should get interesting!!! spectrum could care less if you leave em!!!
With so much competition on the horizon, Spectrum better care. Cable subs are way down, so the only way they are bound to make a come back is offering internet at a decent price. A lot of people around here have already moved to Verizon as they have the unlimited plan anyway.So adding internet to their cel plan is $25-$40 extra. Spectrum is $80. Add in phone $100.

Not really. I make sure i watch locals with the antenna. Between 4k HDR episodes and regular 1080p video along with regular work online. I can use 100GB a day. I used 85GBs one day over the weekend streaming 3 football games and a couple of 4k tv episodes.
I don't have a 4K set. I can watch in 480, 720, or 1080. Right now I have no idea of how much I am using, as Spectrum does not measure it.

With so much competition on the horizon, Spectrum better care. Cable subs are way down, so the only way they are bound to make a come back is offering internet at a decent price. A lot of people around here have already moved to Verizon as they have the unlimited plan anyway.So adding internet to their cel plan is $25-$40 extra. Spectrum is $80. Add in phone $100.
For my area, either Charter/Spectrum (have Gigabit) or CenturyLink at 3/1 speed.

Since I live in what is considered Rural, Cell Service sucks, so no options there, have to use wi-fi calling on my Cell Phone since the only place to get any bars is outside and still not that strong of a signal.

you made me laugh as spectrum don't care of people cancel. i was told good luck with our new isp :eek: :mad:. they been snail mailing me offers i just toss em. they been advertising spectrum one for 49.99 for 300 mbps internet and one cell line. though i would not buy a phone off them as that cranks the bill up to. and once the promo is over there is no more!!! atleast dtv gives out deals once the old one is over...

Fiber is often the preferred choice in markets where Time Warner operated but in most of the Charter territories, fiber isn't currently an option and it may be a while before it is.

Reactions: John2021
These blog posts would have more credibility if they cited someone in a position of authority along with a date rather than "the company told us".

There is a lot of competition out there that cable companies did not have 5 years ago. As it is, I have Verizon already (Unlimited Data) on my phone. Moving from Spectrum would be easy. Spectrum already has raised rates about $20 in the past few years. For phone & internet here it is $100.

Reactions: thomasjk