Las Vegas Locals

G

gandia9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 17, 2007
I noticed on the recent Charlie Chat that Las Vegas is no longer on the list for coming HD locals. Why would they remove a city? This makes no sense to me whatsoever!!!

VegasDave

VegasDave

Jun 10, 2008
Henderson, NV
The word that I have heard is that Las Vegas is low on the priority list because we get a very strong good HD OTA signal in 90%+ of the valley since we are a flat city.

There are some exceptions. I live right behind Black mountain and get the Fox and NBC OTA HD channels fine (since they are on that mountain), but the ABC and CBS towers are blocked due to how my house sits down in the ground with a 30 foot wall right behind it blocking that signal.

Overall though, a basic OTA antenna will give you your HD locals in vegas crystal clear.

B

bruin95

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 14, 2006
Sin City
I noticed on the recent Charlie Chat that Las Vegas is no longer on the list for coming HD locals. Why would they remove a city? This makes no sense to me whatsoever!!!

Vegas HD locals have always been targeted for 2009. You won't see them before then.

VegasVoomer

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I get high 90's signal from all except NBC which I get low 70's and usually unwatchable.